Wheelchair accessible hides

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Due to a downturn in my mobility I'm having to use a wheelchair a lot more. I've recently moved to the Farnborough/Camberley area and wondered if anyone knew of any wheelchair accessible hide where I might have a chance of getting some shots from the chair. I'm happy to drive about 30-50 miles or so to get to anywhere good.

Thanks

Dave

RSPB reserve hides normally are wheelchair friendly. Usually have a low window/slit position in each hide.

It's been a while since I visited but I recall the hides at Moor Green lakes have the slot designed for wheel chairs. You do need to be a member (£5) to get the padlock code unless a member is already in there. I think the paths from the carpark should be doable in a chair but the car park does tend to be full.

Mglg.ork.uk
https://www.flickr.com/groups/1299526@N22/

If you have a garden (or access to one) or a park - how about making your own? can build a 'set' on a little tableinmy garden using a table and dit with a sheet over me. I look a 'little strange' but it works! If you feed birds you ca create perches at a height suitable to you.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had thought of setting things up at home but due to the local cat density, my feeders are only visited by wood pigeons and magpies.

Back