Wheelchair monopod

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My niece (who has cerebral palsy and is wheelchair bound) has recently taken up photography. I've been looking around for some kind of camera mount that can be fixed to her wheelchair and came across a picture via google where I guy had converted a monopod and fixed it to his wheelchair between his legs.

I've found a clamp on Amazon:

Smallrig® Cool Ballhead Arm V4 Multi-function Double Ball Adapter with Bottom Clamp & Standard 1/4" Screw - 1138 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DGGW6ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8k1hybBVDXCWZ

But it has a 1/4 thread......is there a monopod available that'd have a female 1/4 thread at the bottom?

Any help would be much appreciated.

But it has a 1/4 thread......is there a monopod available that'd have a female 1/4 thread at the bottom?

Why do you need a female thread?
Are you thinking of attaching the base of a monopod to this? I'm thinking leverage will be your enemy here.

I've used a "superclamp" for this plus a "magic arm" (I can provide links if you'd like, but not from my phone!). How's your neice's movement & control - will she operate the camera directly, or through another device such as a VOCA or a switch? (I have a fair bit of experience in this.)

I'm a wheelchair user and have the same problem. I have bought a Magic arm and clamp, but it wasn't successful as finding somewhere to clamp it, and still be able to look through the viewfinder wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. If you decide to go down that route, I would suggest buying the extension arm for it. Although it's not the cheapest option, the clamp has still been very useful.

Back