When a photographer gets it very wrong

I don’t know what prior discussion the photographer had with the organisers, but I would not encroach onto the stage so that I was plainly visible.

Also shouldn’t have tried to explain himself, the artist is in The middle of a set and isnt about to have a conversation with him.

Last edited:
Some artists want you on stage with them, e.g. for close-up or with them and the audience.....but always planned carefully and agreed in advance.... in this example it looks like a breakdown in communication between the video production company and the band. The videographer is most likely just doing what he was told. But why argue with the talent....?!

Totally agree Tim, communication beforehand can set both expectations for both parties and saves and agro.

Also arguing with the talent is a big no no. It just raises resentment.

I dont see a photographer?

looks a bit setup to me..

Reactions: 4wd
Talent? I know this shows my age, but all I see is a t*** in his pants with trousers falling off, some sort of dull muzak in the background, having a small rant at a guy with a video setup. But then that pretty much sums up Rap "music" doesn't it.

Talent? I know this shows my age, but all I see is a t*** in his pants with trousers falling off, some sort of dull muzak in the background, having a small rant at a guy with a video setup. But then that pretty much sums up Rap "music" doesn't it.

Totally agree ... sadly, to quote a decent Geordie band ... "He's got his own jet airplane" paid for by a horde of mindless "music aficionado's"

In fairness... Stormzy at Glastonbury was amazing. So it can't be all bad.

I just don't get (a) deliberately showing most of your underpants as a fashion thing - I think it's a typical exaggeration of an original fashion idea to show the designer branded waistband that has just gone stupid; and (b) Rap as a musical format - as poetry yes, totally get it, I'm a big fan of Benjamin Zephania, but musically it leaves me cold and seems utterly uncreative.

IIRC, it (showing your kex) was to show solidarity to one's brothers (other spellings may be more appropriate) in jail who have had their belts confiscated.

As a dabbler in both music and photography, and being a pensioner nowadays, I'd have to say that talent is relative.

Back