When deals go bad!

Ha ha! I'm only halfways down and wondered where this was all going, but then it explodes into action! The funny thing was, after 'SP' had alerted everyone as to what was going on, people were still looking to make bookings!

cannot be arsed to sit and read through all the comments.

How stupid can you be??? There enough people out there with too much time on their hands to catch you out if you are trying to con people. That was hilarious to read, brightened up my morning!

'fauxtographer'.... great line used in one of the comments!

Thank christ for eagled eyed - and real - photographers spotting the scam. Very entertaining read. :)

search for "Groupon, you are dealing with a thief here. This photographer does not own all the photos on her website"

and it should find where it all starts going wrong.

Very good - thief, scammer and liar but my god what Kahoona's!

To lie about it to start with; cheeky
To create "characters" to back up the claims; cunning
To build web pressence on facebook, yelp etc; thorough
To keep going and going and going against hard cold facts; worth a read!

Nothing to do with the OP, but here in our own thread, these two adjacent posts tickled me somewhat.... My emphasis btw :naughty:

I'll get the door then :exit:

-Rob

Damn spell cheek her auto correction :D
I blame my webmaster, my account was hacked etc etc

Last edited:
Going slightly off topic ... photographers had their copyrighted images stolen by someone in order to make money from them. In my view that is worse than say someone downloading an mp3 to simply listen to, as opposed to make profit from. While the music cartels are able to obtain the IP address and have the owner revealed in order to prosecute, what's the likelihood of this information being obtained by a photographer?
I also wonder if it did make it to court whether each stolen image would be considered worth many thousands of pounds each like musical track gets valued at.

BTW, the page is well and truly pulled now so if anyone stills wants to read it then google cache is your friend - linky

While the music cartels are able to obtain the IP address and have the owner revealed in order to prosecute, what's the likelihood of this information being obtained by a photographer?

almost none by joe public.

the thing is going to be proving which IP is the culprit, one of many issues are the likes of AOL which if i remember rightly (from my previous days as a forum mod) are proxied, i.e. several hundred users share the same public IP. but looking at my website control panel at the visiting IPs i have no clue as to what is whoever..

i think the thing with the music/film industry is that they set up fake torrents and the such and watch what IPs connect.. and then i suspect they take those IPs and report them.

Have you seen this? (annoyingly a video)

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks_video_id=4340231

I love her excuses - "my webmaster did it". What, her "webmaster" (it's a Portfoliositez, most people don't bother with getting someone in for that) used other people's pictures (when if she's been going for five years she'd have plenty of her own) and stuck her watermark on them? Sure. Apparently the same photos were on her Facebook Fan page as well..!

Apparently she stole work from at least five other photographers. I'm amazed at her audacity to try and justify herself and I wish her luck fulfilling 1,200 sessions if people are daft enough to take her up on her offer!

So how do I sign up for this groupon thing then? Just off to the photo sharing forums to harvest some work for my site.

Back