Where are you this weekend 16/10/10?

Cheers mate.

It's embarrassing - I can take weddings and portraits in my stride - even when the bride is walking down the aisle. But football is a different skill altogether and it will take a little getting used to i guess.

All credit to those of you going it professionally (y)

Darn - my attempt to incite a riot failed. Yes, centre point focus definitely. The camera wont be able to guess what you're trying to do with the speed that footie moves at.

One of the key skills I've found I've had to develop is the ability to get the focus point onto your subject and hold it as they run erratically all over the place.

Cheers Tobers (it was a good try btw :D)

I'll get out there and practice lots. I don't want to do it professionally but I'm buggered if I'm going to br crap at it!!

Last edited:
Ryan if you want company at any of your local rugby/footie matches then let us know. We both seem to be in the same boat and need the practice and we can discuss any problems we have as we go along. Just a thought.

Ryan if you want company at any of your local rugby/footie matches then let us know. We both seem to be in the same boat and need the practice and we can discuss any problems we have as we go along. Just a thought.

Love to Martin - where in Essex are you? I'm in Peterborough. Cheers for the link to that thread- Will check it out asap.

It's embarrassing - I can take weddings and portraits in my stride - even when the bride is walking down the aisle. But football is a different skill altogether and it will take a little getting used to i guess.

believe me there is a flipside.. I am comfortable that I will get shots at any sport in any conditions.... but weddings scare the hell out of me :(

I am in Basildon Ryan, probably 2hrs away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Single Focus point, usually centre ;)

Yep that's the way to go, drop the 1.4 to start as this, well all converters, will affect af in lowering light. With this set up I would drop myself down on the sideline, in line with the penalty area. Remember faces and ball as a start. With 200mm you can be a bit loose as this helps tracking players movement etc

Don't over stretch yourself to start with. Get some stuff that when you look at it go "that's good". Then look at those and ask yourself why there good.

Steep learning curve, but I think it was James that wrote when it all comes together its such a buzz!

Get a Canon :D.

(y)

One of the key skills I've found I've had to develop is the ability to get the focus point onto your subject and hold it as they run erratically all over the place.

I take it you find the 3D tracking function fairly useless as well?

Back