Where can you buy anti personnel mines?

Excellent post from Ian (#36) and Bill's last sentence (#38) is spot on.

Dave

I suppose that I could get a small four engined drone, and drop a 1 kilo bag of compost on the parent's/minder's head if the child misbehaves again.

Just put a fence and a gate with a small lock in place. Works for us.....: - )

This is something I have been wondering about for the past couple of days.
You see, back in November I planted up my front raised beds with tulips, daffs, narcissi and crocus, and a couple of weeks ago, the little darlings started to poke their heads through the top layer of compost/earth.
However, fast forward to Wednesday of this week, and something happened which makes me really annoyed. We were having our tea in the living room at around 5.00, when my OH got up and started gesticulating towards the front window, unable to talk. I was a bit slow on the uptake, and to be honest was really enjoying my homemade spicy shepherds pie with leek and potato mash topping, so didn't react quickly. Then she told me that a child was jumpiong up and down on our flower beds, and my reaction time changed somewhat.
I got up and looked, and there was a young child jumping around on top of the all too evident sprouting bulbs:rage: Worse than that was the sight of her mother (I assume) just looking at her doing nothing:rage::rage::rage::rage:
So, I went outside, and shouted up to her what did she think she was doing. She then said that she had told the child off, and then walked away.:jawdrop:
When I asked her if it was acceptable behaviout to watch a child vandalising someone elses property, she told me to f*** off:jawdrop:
I should point out that she does not live in our road, because I watched to see where she went.
If I had done that as a child, my parents would have killed me, and they certainly would have apologised to the house owner if challenged.
Do we live in a totally different World, where someone's child is so precious that they are allowed to get away with anything unchallenged, and heaven help the person who tries to intervene.

If its any consolation Andy, we have bulbs around the garden that were first planted many years ago and the dogs regularly trample them as they are coming up but they still seem to make it to flower, so hopefully yours will recover ok. Mother of little brat still needs a slap though :grumpy:

If its any consolation Andy, we have bulbs around the garden that were first planted many years ago and the dogs regularly trample them as they are coming up but they still seem to make it to flower, so hopefully yours will recover ok. Mother of little brat still needs a slap though :grumpy:

I have had another look today and they seem to be coming through OK, just as well it wasn't in a months time when they would be getting taller and more spindly though.

Restricted on that unfortunately, although I may just put a low "electrified" fence up and see if anyone says anything.

FTFY

Back