Where do you prefer to buy equipment from?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm new here, I am wanting some new lenses, do you guys buy online usually? What do you rate mpb.com? Or what other reputable places are they other than Currys and. Jessops? And what do you rate their prices?

I'm new here, I am wanting some new lenses, do you guys buy online usually? What do you rate mpb.com? Or what other reputable places are they other than Currys and. Jessops? And what do you rate their prices?
MPB, Wex, London Camera Exchange, Harrison Cameras, SRS Microsystems and Camera Jungle are all shops that I've used to buy used and/or new equipment from and been happy with all of them. If you want to buy grey imports then Panamoz and HDEW are arguably the most reputable.

MPB have a competitor on ebay called alldigital or something like that.

They are possibly the same people but the ebay store has better prices than MPB.

I use them because 14 day returns and like I say consistently better prices.

My preference for new is normally either Wex or London Camera Exchange. For used equipment my preference is normally LCE as there are a couple near where I live, I have also used Wex for a second hand camera and would happily do so again, or the good old classifieds here on TP.

I much prefer to use actual brick and mortar shops to buying online. Advice is easier to get, you can try the item before parting with money and you know where to find them if anything goes wrong.
For things I cannot buy locally, I use Wex and Ffordes both of whom are excellent. I have only once bought from MPB - that was last Friday and the goods arrived today exactly as described (would have arrived yesterday but I was not around all day so asked for them to delay delivery). Well pleased with them.

Wex were very good when I used them for a secondhand lens.
Matt

Due to my location I have to mostly buy from Ebay or from sites like this one if the person selling is willing to post within Europe. Ebay gives me the option of finding the best price for an item along with the lowest postage costs, some online retailers push on postage costs to a level where the postage cost is nearly as much as the item. Russ

Mainly Wex and Calumet or at a push, if they do not stock Amazon. I find Wex have such a broad range that others do not carry, like Lens Coat / Aquatech

John Lewis, decent prices, good service and two year warranty is a bonus

Back