Where to develop film... On the cheaper side?? (East London)

Edit My Images
No
Hiya. Sorry, this is probably a well-asked question but I wanted to know quicker as other threads get a little messy.

I'm a complete newby with film and want to experiment with it, but I don't want to spend all the money I have because I'm only just trying to figure it out. I know the local Snappy Snaps would cost £7 to develop and print 27 exposures of 35mm film. I was thinking maybe I could get them processed instead and scan them using a negatives scanner. But they are still a little pricey at £4.50 and £6 to process and transfer it to a CD.

Do you know ANY stores that are cheaper to process film? IN EAST LONDON.

THANK YOU!

Check an Asda super store....will dev C41 films and scan to CD (no prints) for £3

I've asked the moderators to move the thread to Talk Film & Conventional, where it is more relevant.

Where in East London specifically? It's a big ol' place. I can't think of many labs based in East London unfortunately, except Eye Culture;

Eye Culture in Bethnal Green does C-41 (colour) processing for something like £3.50 a roll, and then £2.99 for multiple rolls I believe (but best to call/check first). Their prices used to be cheaper so they are evidently moving them around a fair bit.

If you don't mind a little bit of travelling and you have a travelcard, Genie Imaging in Wandsworth (I know, South London) is probably the cheapest in London - their prices have gone up a little bit, but it's £2.79 (excl. VAT) a roll. Their turnaround time is usually very quick and their results tend to be good.

Alternatively, it may be more economical to post your film away - wait till you have a few rolls that need to be processed, so you don't spend a huge amount on postage. Popular labs are in a thread here.

There is Club 35 near Queensway which develops for £3.50, but I've never used them. And West End Cameras in Warren Street, which develops for £3.99.

So you have a pick from East, South, West and Central London :)

Last edited:
@freecom2 @annek I've used Club 35's mail service for all my C-41 developing over the past about 5 years (= quite a few rolls!), and I don't think I've had a bad set of negs or prints from them yet.

@freecom2 @annek I've used Club 35's mail service for all my C-41 developing over the past about 5 years (= quite a few rolls!), and I don't think I've had a bad set of negs or prints from them yet.

Superb! The prices at Genie are creeping up so alternative suggestions are not a bad idea!

Back