South-West England Where to go - New Forest.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Bit of a pathetic post really. I have a few days off next week and so want to get down to the New Forest for some walking/photo's, as I've not been out in a while (lost the urge for some reason :| ) and really want to go to the New Forest. I imagine the colours etc will be lovely to see.

Problem is, I don't really know where to go and where to park for the morning. Has anyone got any information that would be useful?

Ideally looking for somewhere I can park up safely (and free if poss) and then have some places to go walking and take photos.

Thanks

Head for Wootton Stream, it's between New Milton and Brockenhurst. You can walk in various directions from there. You will find that all the car parks within the new forest are free.

Lyndhurst has free parking just off the High Street/Beaulieu Road junction - just pull in on the left in Beaulieu Road.
You can park all day and it gives access to open ground with the benefit of shops/restaurants/loos nearby - other local attractions a short drive away, Beaulieu, Buckler's Hard, Lymington.

Back