Where to go to photograph wildlife

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I was trawling through one of the recent photo mags and came across this which I though may be of interest to others. I guess the comfort bit rules out Donna Nook :) .

Top ten hides where wildlife can be photographed close up and in comfort without frightening them away.

1. Gigrin Farm, Rhayader, Wales

2. Watchpoint Hide, Lee Valley, Herts

3. Speyside Wildlife, Aviemore

4. Parrinder Hide, Titchwell RSPB Reserve, Norfolk

5. Snettisham RSPB Reserve, Norfolk

6. Martin Mere WWT Reserve, Lancs

7. Barclays Hide, Slimbridge WWT Reserve, Gloucs

8. Brownsea NT Reserve, Dorset

9. Welney Observatory WWT Reserve, Cambridgeshire

10. Observatory Hide, Caerlaverock WWT Reserve, Dumfries​

Pennington Flash, half way between Wigan and Leigh has several hides dotted around its edges and offers photographers some great oppotunities to get close to wildlife. There is a nice walk around the lake and it is close enough for all the Manchester boys too.

Just spent a mid-week break at Centre parcs (thetford) , don't think you can get much closer to squirells/rabbits/ducks/swans :) .

My 300D had a good time :D

mrgubby said:
Just spent a mid-week break at Centre parcs (thetford) , don't think you can get much closer to squirells/rabbits/ducks/swans :) .

My 300D had a good time :D

I went to Centre Parcs Whinfell Forest 3 years ago, they have wild red squirrels there :) my digi cam at the time wasnt up to much, but still got some as the little red things were on the porch of the log cabin ! :)

IanC_UK said:
I went to Centre Parcs Whinfell Forest 3 years ago, they have wild red squirrels there :) my digi cam at the time wasnt up to much, but still got some as the little red things were on the porch of the log cabin ! :)

Took my Casio P&S a few years back, lay for 20 minutes on the patio outside with a pile of peanuts 3ft away just get to get a close-up :(

This year , 300D + 28-300 lens much easier :) . Have to post some piccies up :)

Trotters World of Animals near Kendal is worth a look as well.

Back