Beginner Which camera for beginner?

I'll get used to it first and keep an eye out for what lenses and gear to buy!

Thanks again, Matt.[/QUOTE]

The Canon 700D is a 1.6 cropped CMOS. Save yourself money when buying lenses and only buy canon EF lenses, Sigma DG or Tamron Di. The reason I say that is I have never known a Canon user that doesn't upgrade at some point to a Full Frame camera. I use a 5D3 FF and a 7D2 which is a 1.6 cropped. I only buy EF, DG or Di lens's so I can use them on both camera's. The cropped EF-S and Sigma DC or Tamron Di ll will damage FF camera's. I use 7D2 for wildlife, my main interest, but if it needed a repair I'd use the 5D3 with all my lenses. Enjoy

Looking at buying my first slr to all things point towards the nikon 3300, if u need WiFi for it u can just buy the WiFi connector even though I don't think WiFi is needed,

What are your guys thoughts on the nikon d3300

I love it and whilst Body wise it can't be compared to the D5 and D7 series the sensor is excellent with good glass like a 35mm 1.8 prime £132.
The kit lens is suprisingly good .

I'll get used to it first and keep an eye out for what lenses and gear to buy!

Thanks again, Matt.

The Canon 700D is a 1.6 cropped CMOS. Save yourself money when buying lenses and only buy canon EF lenses, Sigma DG or Tamron Di. The reason I say that is I have never known a Canon user that doesn't upgrade at some point to a Full Frame camera. I use a 5D3 FF and a 7D2 which is a 1.6 cropped. I only buy EF, DG or Di lens's so I can use them on both camera's. The cropped EF-S and Sigma DC or Tamron Di ll will damage FF camera's. I use 7D2 for wildlife, my main interest, but if it needed a repair I'd use the 5D3 with all my lenses. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Had the camera a couple of weeks and now have a 55-250mm lens too. (Got it cheap from a colleague
). I've been using TV setting plus having a mess about with the others (apart from manual at the minute).

Enjoying taking photos and seeing how they turn out but need to learn more on how to edit them.

Also in the near future I may think about getting another lens. Something that's good for getting good landscape pictures I think. Will have a look and see what you all recommend in the equipment section.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Had the camera a couple of weeks and now have a 55-250mm lens too. (Got it cheap from a colleague
). I've been using TV setting plus having a mess about with the others (apart from manual at the minute).

Try AV, you have greater control of Depth of Field and most people use that mode.

Hi
I am new to this site having been recommended it. I am not unlike Matt, about to start out on DSLR (had an SLR in my late teens/early 20s but got rid of it 40 years ago for point and shoot as did not like carrying around too many and bulky lenses).

Yorkshirechap - I like you advice on the post. I have had Sony RX100 for 2 year and have been trying to take better photos (all sorts for personal record of trips etc) and am thinking of Nikon D5xxx but am confused on lenses as I want to be able to have a good walkabout zoom lens. I have seen the kit 18-140mm but wonder whether the 18-200 or 18-300 would be better suited to all round, landscapes, nearer photos and some action shots, in varying light conditions. I note advice about looking for second hand kit.

Back