Bargain Which canon 5ds 7d for wedding videography

Name
lizzie
Edit My Images
No
Hi all...thankyouu for all the welcome messages...much appreciated...
I have the 70d camera and using 550d as the second camera for wedding shoots...i want to upgrade to a full frame canon for videography...so confused...want to keep the budget low too...any ideas

5D3 would be my choice but not being an experienced videographer maybe you you should wait and see. I did film my partner's retirement speech with riot and it was grand and would cost less than the 5DS.

I use Canon 5D mk3 and Canon C100 (with Dual Pixel Auto focus upgrade) for wedding videography. Among the team we also use a 7D mk2 and 70D as a back up.
The C100 is quite easy to use and has the advantage of being a cropped sensor when you have to stand a little further away. The mark 1s are coming down in price with the newer version being available.

It will all depend on your budget and style of shooting really.

If you want FF its got to be the 5DS of your two choices as the 7D isnt full frame - the budget full frame model is the 6D

I would say get either a 5DS or a 5D3 (second hand) if you can afford it, but that the 6D is a useable option if the budget is tight

A7s with metabones (just to be different lol)

I assume hes got a load of canon lenses , so the sony/nikon/etc options arent going to be relevant

If it has to be a full frame Canon, my advice would be get a Canon EOS 6D, nice video for a grand or less.

Last edited:
You sure you want to go FF for video work? You're going to lose the dual-pixel focus of the 70D which I'd have thought would be a serious issue?

You sure you want to go FF for video work? You're going to lose the dual-pixel focus of the 70D which I'd have thought would be a serious issue?

Well, wedding videographers have done ok before the 70D came along. IME, lots of them manual focus throughout.

Back