Which do you prefer - sepia or colour?

Edit My Images
Yes
Howdy,
My parents kindly paid for my and my g/f to the Isle of Man for a week, so to say thanks (in a small way), I wanted to frame a picture for them I took of a place that holds great sentimental value. I'm unsure as to whats the best version to do for them. There is the colour:
porterincolour.jpg

And the sepia:
porterinsepia.jpg

(ignore the JPEG compression mangling the quality). I was considering cropping out as much of the burnt out sun in the top left as I can, and moving the line of the foreground so that it touches the bottom left corner exactly. Any thoughts on which you prefer, and why, and perhaps how to improve it?

Matt

The colour one for me as well.

This is a great shot that I am sure your parents will be very proud to hang on their wall.

Colour all the way! I don't think I'd crop it either - certainly not at the bottom. Lovely!

Thanks for the comments. Strangely, I posted the same thread on the OCUK forums, and they near enough all stumped for the sepia (one of the reasons was that it looked more like a photo than a snapshot). Weird that there is such an obvious divide :-S

Ill have another fiddle with it to get it just so. Thanks again.

Matt

The guys at Ocuk are currently all aiming to be trendy and different, they are pushing the limits and thats not a bad thing, however remember that for years we had only b&w and yearned for colour. Your parents are not the same crowd as OcUk and only you will be able to judge them and make an informed decision on what they will like. My guess though would still be the colour version ;) Why not show them both and ask them to pick their fav?

Hmm, interesting idea. I'd prefer not to show the picture to my parents as it would ruin the surprise ;)

Either way, i'm entering the colour one, with a few other pictures to the Manx tourism photo competition. Wish me luck :)

Matt

colour for me, if it helps, lol

Yep, i've sunk for colour. Showed it to my dad last night whilst I was showing him my competition entries and he loved it, so colour is the one i'm going for.

Cheers all,
Matt

Back