Which flashgun

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I am contemplating purchasing my first flashgun,there are certain aspects I would like which the following seem to have.They are Nissin Di 700,Gloxy F990,Sunpak Pz 42x. I don't want to spend a fortune on one so would be looking at no more than £150.

I have a Nikon D5500 would any members comment on the choice of flashgun above or maybe one I've overlooked.

Thank you.

For that price may be look for a used SB700, not sure what features you want in a flash, but other cheaper ones are the Yougnuo range or Shanny.

Thanks for your advice sep9001 & Phil V it's proving difficult to make a decision,I want off camera & ttl have looked at the ones you have mentioned ,I just don't know if it's worth shelling out for the SB700.Im going to ask at the camera club tonight just to see what they use,probably going to be even more confused !!

Thanks for your advice sep9001 & Phil V it's proving difficult to make a decision,I want off camera & ttl have looked at the ones you have mentioned ,I just don't know if it's worth shelling out for the SB700.Im going to ask at the camera club tonight just to see what they use,probably going to be even more confused !!
I would say go with what Phil has suggested.

Don't see the point in the more expensive Nikon. I have a TT685 and it does the job well and probably half the price of the equivalent Nikon

Thank you everyone for your useful advice,Phiggy your Meike flash was very interesting I decided to buy the Shanny ,I think that any one from the YN658 or TT685 would have been good.

Will now have a read on useful advice on flash photography.

Back