Which Ipad?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
So looking to get an ipad- had one before and sold it to upgrade but never did.
Now i'm torn between the new entry level or the new mini-anyone got any opinions?
Quite fancy the mini as has a faster processor i believe but is £70 dearer

Hi

What do you want to use it for and where? If whilst traveling the mini is a good option.

For use around the house I would go for the full size one. Depending on budget you have to option of the pro or the standard ones.

I upgraded from the iPad mini 4th generation to the new Ipad mini. Great processor, video playback, screen etc.

I find it really good, especially for travel. Also use it for my DJI drone controller software.

It fit's in any OS Map size pocket so great for my train journeys in the morning etc.

Dougie.

What's your use-case? For casual usage (web browsing, social media and media consumption,) the Pro offers nothing more, so I'd go for the standard (non-mini) variant.

I've got an Air 2 and find that it does everything I need flawlessly

So looking to get an ipad- had one before and sold it to upgrade but never did.
Now i'm torn between the new entry level or the new mini-anyone got any opinions?
Quite fancy the mini as has a faster processor i believe but is £70 dearer

In today's world, faster processor won't make much different. It is the human reaction that is what makes a different.

It is not like comparing a classic VW Beetle against a Ferrari Portofino, and say "I fancy buying the Ferrari because it is faster, but I believe it is £XXXX more expensive!"

It is more like comparing two different Formula One cars, where one car could be 5mph faster than the other, but the other car is better at handling cornering, and it is a case of who is a better driver, and which team is faster at pit stop.

For all you know, a professional artist with a slower entry level iPad could complete an artwork before the rookie artist with a faster processor iPad. I can understand comparing a 1st generation iPad against that of a 6th generation iPad, as there is a big technology gap between the two, they're like about 7 years apart. But comparing a 5th generation iPad against a 6th generation iPad is hardly worth it, okay so one is a tad little tiny faster that the older one, but the gap between them is just only 1 year apart.

You need to consider the size of the iPad. Would you prefer the mini which is smaller, easier to slip into a camera bag, and carry around, or the standard iPad, which is bit bigger than the mini, easier to read iBooks, view photos, etc., or the larger Pro models which is much bigger, useful for doing a lot of work thanks to its large screen size. Just decide how you feel with the screen size and the device size.

Rather than worry about which got a faster processor, you would be better off thinking about how would you cope with the size of the iPad itself.

So I went into currys and had a play and think I'll go with the Ipad 6th gen- seems a good size for casual browsing and stuff!

So I went into currys and had a play and think I'll go with the Ipad 6th gen- seems a good size for casual browsing and stuff!

Good choice. We recently bought the iPad Pro 12.9, which I'm quite enjoying - no buttons and similar to my phone in the way it works in terms of gestures. We just tend to use it for media, I read a lot of magazines though it (check out the really app, I recommend it!) and watch stuff through Netflix, HBO and Hulu. sometimes show of pictures etc on it that we've got, but mostly a media device. I think they're pretty good in terms of life, before I bought this one, I had the first generation iPad 4 for years and it was fine.

Back