Which is the better photo please?

Name
Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to print one for an exhibition, but which is the better one please? Thanks.

Attachments

• Sunset2.jpg
    Sunset2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Sunset1.jpg
    Sunset1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 188
Number 2 for me. But somewhere between them would be better. 1 is too yellow and 2 is too orange for me.

*Viewing on phone so colour repro could void all that

I'll buck the trend here and say 1. I think the colours look more naturally balanced for a view straight into the sun.

Reactions: Nod
I would also agree with Number 2.

<Choice changed owing to file names>

Last edited:
Sunset2 (the first one posted, somewhat confusingly!) for me too. Less overcooked to my eyes.

Right,, I didn't notice that the numbers are back to front . So I meant the warmer one of the two, sunset2, the first image!

Of the two, Sunset2 is the better option - my mind simply can't rest looking at Sunset1, the green bias is just too sickly, whereas Sunset2 is more convincingly autumnal.

Colour (and saturation and other qualities too) can be hard to judge sometimes, but for general photography the issue may not be about accuracy but about psychology. And your question of 'which?' is valid because it can be easy to get bogged down with a work of your own and to lose the ability to stand back as it were.

When asked this type of question it is only the person who took the photo really knows what the scene was like, so hard to judge which is better.

Purely based on how I like to print, I say number 1. Nice image

Back