Which Lens

raythefab

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
If you had my lenses and you wanted one more what would you go for please dont say the nifty fifty i dont want it:)

If you had my lenses and you wanted one more what would you go for please dont say the nifty fifty i dont want it:)

Would help if you suggested a purpose for this mystery lens, and maybe a budget.

What do you want to use it for? What is your budget? ................. Must type quicker!

I love my EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS, but is that the sort of thing you're after? The 100-400L is quite OK.

A 10-20 ultra wide angle seems fun and I would love to try an MP-E 65 - Is that what you're after?

Would agree, you could upgrade your current lenses or perhaps an ultra wide lens (y)

Personally I'd replace the 75-300 with a 100-400 as all my work at the moment appears to be at the long end.

Might consider an ultrawide, or a flash, or a long prime depending upon budget and what you want to do

70-200mm - great all-round sports/wildlife/portrait lens. I use mine a lot (albeit a Siggy version).

What does your current setup not allow you to do?

If I was looking at your setup, I'd say that your long lens is quite slow - this may not be a problem, but a 70-200 f2.8 would rectify this, albeit for a loss of length.

You could also bring in an ultra-wide, but are you going to use it?

Cheers,
James

If I had your lenses and wanted one more, I'd get the EF 300mm f/2.8 L IS USM with a pair of Extenders. If I wasn't allowed the Extenders, I'd get the EF 500mm f/4 L IS USM.

....Oh wait, did you say you had a budget?

For me the 70-200 f/2.8, maybe the IS one. You haven't told us what you want a lens for, however.

Taking photos:)
you ask fo adviceand n reply like that.

how can people help you to choose a lens and then dont assist in the process.

we could all suggest 10 22 and you want to take pictures of cars going fast. so you need fast apperture and length.

Taking photos:)

of???

there are loads of lenses out there, so people need a bit more info to help you with what is best for you. no point getting a MPE 65 if you want to get pictures of birds.

what budget have you got, and where do you think your current kit lets you down??

of???

there are loads of lenses out there, so people need a bit more info to help you with what is best for you. no point getting a MPE 65 if you want to get pictures of birds.

what budget have you got, and where do you think your current kit lets you down??
Ive decided it doesnt im happy with what i got:)

and the award for "The Most Pointless Thread of the Day" goes to...

Back