Which online website builder

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Im sure this is talked about quite a lot. Im looking to showcase my work on my own website. I mainly shoot equine such as polo,racing etc. Im looking for a website that will allow me to sell my stuff through a 3rd party like Zenfolio do. Also something that is fairly easy to use and set up,im not a PC novice at all but i wouldnt be the best at setting things like this up. Just would like other peoples takes on these sort of websites taking into consideration
Cost
Ease of use
Selling through a 3rd party company
Amount of storage
Best support and instruction

Ive looked at sites such as Clikpic,Zenfolio,Weebly. Any others welcome too
Many thanks
Magern

Hi Ben,

So to give you some ideas on my background before I make my suggestions, my name is Jin more of a hobbyist photographer but very experienced in Web and e-commerce though these days my work takes me more into high availability and cyber security infrastructure.

A couple of questions I would like to ask first,

1) Who is your targeted audience for your website?
Are these prospective buyers of photographic services, clients looking for the work you have done for them or maybe people who purchase stock images for commercial / non-commercial interests.

2) What would be the main purpose(s) of your website?
I see you want to showcase your work and also want to convert visitors into sales but a few more specifics would help such as whether these sales would be random visitors or whether the online sales are a convenient way for people to purchase images. Would it provide information on purchasing services from you.

3) Do you consider yourself a professional, a novice or hobbyist photographer?

Hi Jin,,
Thanks for your reply.
Because i mainly photograph Polo a lot of the players ask me to buy prints of them playing.The idea would be they could search through my portfolio and the select the images they would like,sizes etc. I would also put a brief description of the services i offer as i do also do comissions and hopefully that would bring work my way. The ecommerce side of it isnt hugely important, if i can get a website that i find easy to use im happy to do the ordering myself but if i can find easy to use and ecommerce all the better. The main visitors would be mainly people who are looking at images of themselves or their teams playing but i also do countryside photography with images of Deer,Horses,Hunting etc which may appeal to random visitors. I started photography as a hobby many years but from feedback and sales i would say novice professional if that makes sense as i do make a bit of money from it but its not my full time job.
Please have a look at my facebook page so you get the idea of what i do 'Ben Hastie Photos' add me as a friend and you can see my work

Many thanks for you help,really appreciate it

I couldn't be bothered to do all that myself. Zenfolio solves it for me! Do a trial (referal code REMOVED by mod as they are not allowed ), go for the cheapest option (you can always upgrade later when you need to). Job done!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back