which photo gallery do you use for your site

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
as above really, im trying to sort out a photo album but struggling, can anyone suggest one?

their ok but they do the whole site thing i only want is the gallery

so if i was to use simpleviewer and use frontpage is that possible? how would i insert it?

Me too. Although my site is still a work in progess.

(Actually I'm using Autoviewer, which is the same as GFWilliams)

Step away from Front Page!!!

Have a look here basically you can edit the index.html file a bit more to integrate it with your site.

yeah i know everyone says step away from frontpage, but thats all i know how to use???

jalbum - more options that you can shake a stick at and it's free ;)

yeah i know everyone says step away from frontpage, but thats all i know how to use???

Get yourself a copy of "head first HTML with CSS & XHTML".

It's a great beginner book and once you've read it you'll be using notepad++ to hand code all your pages :D

Smugmug - really easy to set up and add to

I use PixelPost. Very easy to set up, customise and maintain.

Hmmm, no one's mentioned clikpic which I have just signed up for. It has cost me and took me a while to get it all set up but reasonably satisfied.

www.bdeyephoto.co.uk if you want to see how it came out. Comments would be welcomed.

Just getting back into photography after 20-odd years away so nowhere near reasonable amateur yet. But, good idea to join forum with like minded people though, with useful ideas. Maybe should have done this first before getting online? Would really welcome your views.

I will check out jalbum though after this useful thread.

Gallery2 here.

I used to use Jalbum but it got too cumbersome when trying to build pages for 1000's of images. If it's gone to a database back end I'd look at it again though.

I build my own galleries and use prettyPhoto javascript library to display the enlarged pic. There are loads of javascript libraries which are very similar to this.
The great thing about building your own is you can have it as you want it.

An easy way to do it is create a blank html page and insert a table (which is where you can put your thumnails). Then simply link the thumbnail to the larger picture and modify the html code to use the javascript library. This may sound complicated but it's very easy to do (but hard to explain in writing :LOL:)

This is an example gallery I built for a local group using pretty Photo javascript library. Look at the source code to see how it's done.

http://www.allerdaleredsquirrels.co.uk/gallery.html

i'm not amazingly technical with this kinda stuff, my O/H does web sites for a living. I use the gallery feature in LR2 & I just export it to the FTP droplet thing Ben set up, LOL.
It means I can edit it myself & keep it up to date without having to shout Bennnnnnnnnnnn

Back