Which slr

Edit My Images
No
I have a
Canon 500n
Olympus om10 (in post)
PRAKTICA NOVA B (inpulse buy)

Which should I concentrate speding money on in the form of lenses and other bits

Opinions

the 500n is a sort of 80s 90s family holiday slr, with only 3 AF points and limited overrides. Having said that its still quite a capable performer and i've had £900 of L glass on mine before i bought an EOS30, and then a EOS3. Its metering / exposure was always pretty good to my eye. Takes all Canon EF lenses right up to current day, lots of choice but also some real wallet busters !! Some of the cheaper plastic bodied lenses aren't half bad once you know their limitations, especially when ou can pick them up for £15-30 a piece.

The OM10 is earlier but built for the same sort of market - lots of cheap lenses on ebay, so plenty of opportunity. Probably the cheapest way to accumulate lots of lenses.

You really need to assess the condition of the cameras and their operation first ***.

No idea on the Praktica i'm afraid

I would have gone for OM10; simply because you can buy a whole lot of great zuiko lens at a great price. And these are top performers.

I would give practika a miss; since the bodies are supposed to be less reliable than a canon or oly.

I don't know much about the Praktica Nova, other than it was manufactured in the mid-1960s or thereabouts. It accepts M42 screw fitting lenses, so they should be plentiful on e-bay and other second-hand dealers.

The Olympus OM-10 is a very good camera offering aperture priority and manual exposure (with the manual adapter connected). The Olympus Zuiko lenses themselves are excellent and fairly readily available as are other independent lenses.

I'd go for the OM10 too. you could also invest later in an Olympus E-P1 and use all the lens you've got for both cameras with the aid of an adaptor(y)

I just recieved an om10 in the post and coudlnt be happier!

The OM10 was used in the opening credits of one of the Bond films, cant for the life of me remember which one it was? Everyone wanted an OM10, but they were a lot of dosh at the time.
Nigel.

Back