Which speedlight type flash and trigger for a d810?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Been a while since I bought any gear so am a bit out the loop. I bought a Yongnuo speedlight for my Canon 60D and it worked well, but I'm not sure what's the best buy for Nikon!
It would be mainly for portrait/people and occasional macro work.

What speedlight type flash should I get (I imagine I will end up with two flashes even if I start off with just the one). Also what trigger system would be best?
I have used a YN568EX flash and YN622N-KIT trigger a few times, but no idea if these are current.

The Yongnuo is still available but the YN685 has a built in receiver, saving some hassle.

Alternatively, there’s the Godox TT685 which also has a built in receiver, and uses the same transmitter system as a whole host of other flashes from Godox.

If you only ever want to use speedlights, Yongnuo is cheaper, but if you want flexibility, seriously consider the Godox system

I really like the Godox system and use the v860iiN with my D4 & Godox transmitter - system works really well.

Last edited:
I bought into the Godox system after reading the recommendations on here and have found it to be very good.

I have the xpro trigger, AD200, and some speedlights.

I have not been disappointed and will continue to purchase more when needed.

:)Another one here using the Godox system and it’s cross compatibility with various camera systems should make it pretty full proof for the future(y)

Last edited:
Back