Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 66 81.5%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Same here, Windows 7 (64bit) is the only "real" choice nowadays. XP can't handle more than 3GB of RAM, Vista ... well that thing should never happen to IT world. It's a shame they actually charged money for this bag of fail.

mishra said:
Same here, Windows 7 (64bit) is the only "real" choice nowadays. XP can't handle more than 3GB of RAM, Vista ... well that thing should never happen to IT world. It's a shame they actually charged money for this bag of fail.

You're talking rubbish I'm afraid. Like all 64 bit OS, that version of XP could handle more than 3gb.

As for Vista, the 64 bit version was always very good in my experience and it was bombproof after service packed.

You're talking rubbish I'm afraid. Like all 64 bit OS, that version of XP could handle more than 3gb.

As for Vista, the 64 bit version was always very good in my experience and it was bombproof after service packed.

Everyone has it's own opinion I suppose. 64bit XP is a forever struggle in search of correct drivers (there is only like handfull of people using it anyway) and Vista well, truth is, why go Vista if you can run on Windows 7.

I know before Win7 you had no choice and you were stuck with Vista but nowadays... come on admit it, would you really use Vista over Win7?

Everyone has it's own opinion I suppose. 64bit XP is a forever struggle in search of correct drivers (there is only like handfull of people using it anyway) and Vista well, truth is, why go Vista if you can run on Windows 7.

indeed XP64 was fairly buggy. but that wasnt my point.

I know before Win7 you had no choice and you were stuck with Vista but nowadays... come on admit it, would you really use Vista over Win7?

honestly, day to day you wouldnt notice the difference. i certainly wasnt blown away when we moved from V64 to 7-64. again that wasnt my point though.

windows 7 for me and most my machines , i have it for a few reasons , vista was unable to support alot of xp based programes inc games where windows 7 is kind of based on the same kidn of structure so will allow windows xp programmes to run with out the issue vista did

on top of that it uses less memory than vista does

xp is outdated now and most new programems wont run or will now struggle

but also most of the newer pc games requires direct x 10 i think and will only run on windows 7 or vista i belive but this is something i was told so not sure how true it is

Back