Whisky Show 2009

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
I was brave enough to take the D300 and 28mm Nikkor along to the Guildhall in London last night for the Whisky Show 2009. We had an amazing time, tasted some very fine VERY expensive bottles of whisky whilst Guildhall provided a quite magnificent backdrop.

1 - a very young whisky, but none the worse for that

4082329877_89b1237a9d_o.jpg

2 - a variety

4083090394_74ffcab941_o.jpg

3 - a man with his pride and joy...

4082331273_45889b706a_o.jpg

4 - longtitudinal tasting in a Glenfarchlas masterclass

4083090612_b2246aa69d_o.jpg

4083089384_e2a6e2cb9c_o.jpg

6 - needs a caption!

4083089878_1097979b93_o.jpg

Not for c&c really, just wanted to share a few, but for info, all shot at iso1600, f2.8

There's such a thing as a whisky show?!

Sounds fun!

and #4 is just plain wrong. Paper cups surrounded by giant tripods is the way to go! (y) :D

I did at one point hear some 'youngster' utter the words 'Jack Daniels' :eek: Luckily there were no kilts nearby to chuck him out :LOL:

Lee, several of them apparently, though first one I have been to. There is a Whisky Live show too which I am under the impression is the BIG one :shrug:

I still have fond memories of a similar bottle of Kilchoman Yvonne :naughty:

I'm dead envious, looks like you had a great time :). You came away with some good shots too (y)

I still have fond memories of a similar bottle of Kilchoman Yvonne :naughty:

I'm dead envious, looks like you had a great time :). You came away with some good shots too (y)

If you are ever feeling very flush Paul, treat your self to a Highland Park 40yr old...remember the stick of carbon from the bbq, well add in dark chocolate and autumn fruits, spices.... :love:

Alternatively, for a sherry cask, the older Glenfarclas were BIG, very big, too big for me tbh, but J and our whisky collecting friend loved them.

The Kilchoman was an as yet unreleased bourbon cask, specially
bottled for the show and I also tasted 3 yr old from them they are about to release in December...lets say, its done some growing up in the last year ;)

Oh stop it :nono: You're making me feel like stroking my credit card :naughty:. That Highland Park 40yr old sounds truly up my street :love:

Do you need an idea for my Xmas prezzie ;)

My favourite at the moment is the 12 year old Highland Park so the 40 year old must be pretty special.

It was Marc, a very much grown up version of the 12 where the flavours have sort of developed into something unreal! Oh yes, and the very nice people on their stand looked after our bags for the evening too :D

I am trying to remember what year the glenfarclas was that tasted like green and blacks dark choclate, it was a 1960's bottling, they have done every year from the 50's to the 90's as a sort of signature edition, so you can buy say, one from the year you were born, or your kids were born, whatever.

ahhh, 1964, that was it, yves geza has just told me.... too sherry for my taste but if its your thing.... ;)

....that sounds like my thing :love:

1 - a very young whisky, but none the worse for that

under 18? I trust "Whiskey" had a chaperone and all the paper-work was in order :D

"God you're beautiful when I'm p'ssed" :D
6 - needs a caption!

4083089878_1097979b93_o.jpg

Nice set Yvonne (y)

under 18? I trust "Whiskey" had a chaperone and all the paper-work was in order :D

"God you're beautiful when I'm p'ssed" :D

Nice set Yvonne (y)

thanks Chris and :LOL: at the caption

Ohhhhhhh.... Bliss...

If I could have 'bottled' it and sent it over to you..... ;)

I wasn't convinced she was sober yesterday! :naughty: :exit:

If I could have 'bottled' it and sent it over to you..... ;)

Allegedly, shampoo bottles are not checked too often - Vosene has a similar hue after all...:D

Sitting reading this with a snifter of Lagavulin 16 year old malt, Love the stuff.

Dead lucky up here with loads of distilleries nearby. Fettercairn is only 15mins away.

Take a look at this

http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

Back