White Audi TTS

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Had a go at shooting my friends TTS yesterday, various bits of PP hence the inconsistency in WB throughout!

5300634113_5106f38f2f_z.jpg

5301232624_5818ae9d56_z.jpg

5300648187_39e7ff2a11_z.jpg

5301248794_c291f6f011_z.jpg

Don't like No1 - looks too much like a CAD drawing and doesn't have that light fall-off/vignette that the others have.

Other three are boss. I LOVE the vignettes, especially the one (combined with the light pool) in the shot of the engine bay; the background is luscious.

Interior shot is very well lit - what arrangement did you have for the whole shoot?

Badge detail isn't my kind of thing but its definitely catalogue material.

Really, really good set. (y)

---------------

EDIT: Didn't see the second set due to my mac playing silly sods.....

Rear tailight shot; again, a god detail shot for a catalogue.

Door mirror man: love it - lighting is spot-on and I love the red glow in the face that really sets out with the black and white.

Rear quarter: awesome. Like the engine bay shot, it just has something big going on.

Side panel: not my fave but lots more 'texture' in the shot than No1 because of the background colour

Last edited:
That's a nice set, bit too varied to be a 'set' as such but shows good varied ideas and techniques. Care to share your lighting techniques?

Don't like No1 - looks too much like a CAD drawing and doesn't have that light fall-off/vignette that the others have.

Other three are boss. I LOVE the vignettes, especially the one (combined with the light pool) in the shot of the engine bay; the background is luscious.

Interior shot is very well lit - what arrangement did you have for the whole shoot?

Badge detail isn't my kind of thing but its definitely catalogue material.

Really, really good set. (y)

---------------

EDIT: Didn't see the second set due to my mac playing silly sods.....

Rear tailight shot; again, a god detail shot for a catalogue.

Door mirror man: love it - lighting is spot-on and I love the red glow in the face that really sets out with the black and white.

Rear quarter: awesome. Like the engine bay shot, it just has something big going on.

Side panel: not my fave but lots more 'texture' in the shot than No1 because of the background colour

That's a nice set, bit too varied to be a 'set' as such but shows good varied ideas and techniques. Care to share your lighting techniques?

Thanks guys appreciate your views on them! I know they are a bit varied but I wanted to try a range of techniques as i have a white car to shoot in January and needed a dry run so to speak!

dark patch on top left corner of interior shot ruins it for me, otherwise i really like them!

I have just re-looked at it and you are spot on mate, its off-putting.

i like this set alot... but not as much as i love the car :p

Cheers mate, its not mine unfortunately!!

For the lighting I had a choice of up to 10 profoto 1000's and 500's all running off the profoto air system. I controlled the heads on the same imac that was running the capture one program enabling me to get a better idea of the shot rather than peering at the screen.

Interior shot had a 1000 with a grid shooting through the open passenger window, another 1000 with a small box shooting from beside the camera.

Mainly the rest had two head on booms with 4'x6' softboxes positioned at the bonnet and boot overhead, some fill from a 2 single heads with grids (5 degree) for the wheels or the engine bay.

Shot number one was actually lit by 2x £4 striplights on the floor and nothing else!

Shot 5 has a head in front of the car firing towards the wall to blow it.
Shot 6 has a head in the car firing back up at the driver with a 10 degree grid and power right down, door is lit with a small box pointing at the door down low.
Shot 7 just has one of the big 6x4 boxes above and the power right down.

I am not a lighting expert haven't done any training so I was just winging it really, the idea was to do a dry run and get the setups into my head, hope they stick in there!!!!

deffinatly looks like a good job... i need to get some lighting kits and learn it tbh... just makes photoshoots look that much better... more you can do then in any night wether it be in day or night.

day time is good with natural light but you just cant move the sun :p

The comps are pretty workable although I find the first and last of the second post to be a bit loose. Whilst the lightfall is good I can't help thinking they're all a bit underexposed. Pretty sure it's not just colour balance; there's places where even the whites look like they could go another stop.

Can't give much criticism as I love these shots and really aspire to try and learn this art (I'm no where near the level nor do I have the fancy lighting gear) but seeing this does inspire me to try with what I have!

The interior shot is amazing reminds me of something you would see in a Audi brochure, I love taking car picture but my quality is no where near this standard!

Fantastic shots. Since discovering Photo mode in Gran Turismo 5 i am really getting in to automotive photography.

Really like the interior and the last two shots of the rear.

On a side note, how clean is that car?? Must have taken hours of detailing to get to that condition.

And a serious note. If you ever fancy shooting a new shape Milano Red Honda Civic Type R then contact me!!! (despite the username)

some very nice shots there !!! , a point though , would it have been too much trouble to get some blank plates or ones that said AUDI TTS , just thinking aloud , apologies if someone has already mentioned it :p

Fantastic shots. Since discovering Photo mode in Gran Turismo 5 i am really getting in to automotive photography.

Really like the interior and the last two shots of the rear.

On a side note, how clean is that car?? Must have taken hours of detailing to get to that condition.

And a serious note. If you ever fancy shooting a new shape Milano Red Honda Civic Type R then contact me!!! (despite the username)

Strangely the guys that owns the TT also owns this!:

4846679843_b37f645be2_z.jpg

The car is clean, insanely clean despite being a regular daily driver between himself and his missus.

Last edited:
some very nice shots there !!! , a point though , would it have been too much trouble to get some blank plates or ones that said AUDI TTS , just thinking aloud , apologies if someone has already mentioned it :p

I insisted on it but the owner was adamant he wanted the original reg in the shots. I even offered to remove the plates but he was having none of it.....

REally nice photos ! shame the reflection of the guy in the mirror isn't a pretty blonde girl ! nice set tho!

Fantastic set. My favourite has to be the face reflected in the mirror.

I like the mirror reflection shot, but the others seem lacking in composition.

Very nice and thought provoking, pity I don't have the kit or the studio to do this, I do have a nice car though, pity it's never that clean, I'll just have to get a sunny day and a nice outdoor background and some (lots) of skill.

Stunning set :clap:

Only shot I don't like is No. 2, it just doesn't look right to me...

They could be in any brochure for the car (y)

Great set of pics and use of light :clap:

some very interesting angles - mirror pic top class (lighting spot on)

Last edited:
if it wasnt for the sligh blemish in the floor - i would have said #1 was CGI!

Back