White balance off on 5D MkIII video

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a first go at video with my 5D MkIII this afternoon. It was indoors and the lighting was a mix of fluorescents and a few spots so I need to adjust the white balance. Can I do this in Lightroom 6?

I don't think you can edit videos in Lightroom (certainly not in LR5) but stand to be corrected on the later versions.

I don't think you can edit videos in Lightroom (certainly not in LR5) but stand to be corrected on the later versions.

You definitely can edit video in Lightroom 5 Peter

Of the top of my head, I think you can pull a still, edit that, then paste the edit onto the video file.

Far from ideal, and there's much better software designed for the job, but you should be able to tweak it somewhat.

Not sure how you will go if you want to edit separate parts of the same take (eg if your colour balance changed over the course of the take).

Of the top of my head, I think you can pull a still, edit that, then paste the edit onto the video file.

Far from ideal, and there's much better software designed for the job, but you should be able to tweak it somewhat.

Not sure how you will go if you want to edit separate parts of the same take (eg if your colour balance changed over the course of the take).

Thanks James. Just found a Youtube saying exactly what you did. It's split across five files and the first is truer than the rest which have a kind of orange tint to them. Don't think it changes within any of the clips so going to give that a try. Thanks again.

Back