White balance software?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
After recently using photomechanic I started wondering what other external programs or plugins may help speed up my workflow. One thing that takes me forever and I'm still not all that consistent with is getting the white balance the same across a whole set of images. It would be great if there was a program where you could show it an image with the W/B you like and then it would just automatically do this across a whole set of images. I can't find anything on-line for such an application and wondered if anyone had come across anything similar?

I know it's easy to batch process the W/B from one pic to several all taken in the same place, but shooting weddings you constantly move from place to place and the W/B changes so it's a case of tweaking to match.

Lightroom will do batch edits(y)

Yeah cheers but like I said I know how to do that already but it doesn't sort of create a profile and adjust accordingly when you move to a different room where the light colour is different. It only works for the photos that are taken in the same place as the image the W/B is copied from. I need something that's a big step beyond that :)

I don't know of any software that will batch WB files that all use different light source and white points. |If there is it will just be using the equivalent of Auto WB anyway, so results would probably be no more accurate than using auto WB on the camera.

I don't know of any software that will batch WB files that all use different light source and white points. |If there is it will just be using the equivalent of Auto WB anyway, so results would probably be no more accurate than using auto WB on the camera.

yeah that's what I thought tbh... shame as would be an awesome tool to have

I use Capture One Pro 8 but imagine most will work the same, I do a quick skim and tag shots with similar which need the same treatment, eg tag 2 for the main room, 3 for side room 1, 4 for outside etc, then set the filters to show me only each batch, correct 1 and batch apply it to that batch. I don't use 5 as a tag as that is how I select my final shots to edit.

I would select all the images with similar light and then tag them as a colour.
then select all of them and either use a preset or just auto sometimes works depending upon how tricky the ambient light is.

In camera raw, there is a button at the top called White Balance, click on it, then select something that is white on your image, that will set it pretty close if not dead-on. Then save a preset, select all, sync and you're done.

I shoot weddings but I don't get any problems unless theres realy weird lighting somewhere, are you using auto white balance or manual? It also helps if you shoot in raw, then you have more options to change it later in PP.
I have noticed some camera makes don't cope as well as others with changing or akward lighting, and one tip I got way back was in tricky lighting (colour wise) use live view and scroll through the wb options, you can see which is nearest the real world and use that as a starting point.

Back