White Jack Russells in White Stuff - edit added!

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
yes, I know, everyone is doing it, it's snowing, but can't resist watching the terrible terriers go a bit madder than even they usually do. They are a horror to get exposure on, worse to catch and freeze focus as they move so fast, but here you go, Thimble and Scrappy. I promise they are only playing despite the bared teeth :LOL:

1 - wey heeeeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3246583405_560119cf36_o.jpg

2 - fight
3247410430_99c07f8590_o.jpg

3 - breather
3247412548_5ab7be4b1b_o.jpg

4 - fight again
3247410426_bd16072bfe_o.jpg

5 - duck and dive
3247410422_f8f719327a_o.jpg

6 - aarrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its cold!
3247410404_d72ff97f47_o.jpg

7 - I've only got little legs
3247410410_caf8cfe86c_o.jpg

8 - You got that thing out again?
3247410414_8b8f8f1386_o.jpg

TFL (y)

Last edited:
fantastic pic's, going to wait untill the snow stops here then get the dog out, the only draw back is the fact that he hates the cold the wee wuss lol, plenty of light so i think i'll be taking the 18-200 for a spin :p

Great set Yvonne, it looks like they are really enjoying it as well as tearing lumps out of each other.

That's a terrific set Yvonne :) I love No8 with the blob of snow on his hooter :LOL:

Must have been a challenge nailing the exposure on those :eek:

Ahhh,
no.8 is soooo good, such a shame on the tiny crop on the ear.
I bet a bit of careful clone work could put it back in, the eyes are great.

Ahhh,
no.8 is soooo good, such a shame on the tiny crop on the ear.
I bet a bit of careful clone work could put it back in, the eyes are great.

:LOL: I know, I was squatting down near to their level, couldnt step back, was in about 6 inches of snow and she was just that weeny bit too close to me. Sould have lost a bit of legs to get the ears really :bonk:

thanks guys, at least some are enjoying the sudden white out :D

Great set of pics you got there.My wee jack russell is too old to scamper about now ,she just toddles through the snow

I love this set, Yvonne. I thought my Yorkies were difficult to catch in action - fast and very low - but at least they're not white. You've done a brilliant job. :clap::clap:

We've got hardly any snow :crying: and I decided not to take the camera when I took the dogs out - and now I've missed my chance. :crying:

The dogs loved it anyway. Perhaps there's more snow forecast. ;)

Jean

well i've been out and have to say a brindle staffie is almost impossible to catch properly in the snow, he was too hyper and the field was too big to get anything more than a dark blur with a white back round but i had fun trying lol

Great shots of your little "terrors" Yv. :clap::LOL: You've nailed the exposure and focus brilliantly imo - not an easy thing to do! Love the feeling of excitement in No.1 and the calm of No.3. (y):D (Before they start all over again...!)

My little black and white JR cross, (Midge,) met a black and white Great Dane in the forest this morning...:LOL: will try to post a piccy later, they looked so silly together!:D

Amusing set and commentary and some well captured action. That final shot is a beauty though.

(y) thanks everyone. Its still falling here, so will probably get another go tomorrow, but a couple more from today, hope no one minds

Thimble, showing exactly how deep the snow is

thisdeep.jpg

and a silly one, from an idea by Nod, another member here, the amazing camouflaged dogs :LOL:

vanish.jpg

Those are great Yvonne and #8 is simply gorgeous! The Jack Russell and another dog were playing like this at the livery yard today but I didn't have the camera with me. :bang:

love the pics, think i might take my pup now you have inspired me :)

Great stuff, love them all, was out and about in the snow with my two Jacks today, just going through the images now.

OK, just for cyclone, I got busy with ps and stuff - can you see the join? Basically I chopped a bit from another shot where she was even closer, but her head was lower in the frame and took just the top of her ear to 'complete' the image as it were. Does it work? Looks ok on my monitor.... :shrug:

scrappy.jpg

Wanna play, do ya, do ya??! :D

DSC_3972tp.jpg

They got on really well together too - very funny to watch! :D

JR's rule! :love:

Edit: Yv - great edit to your photo! :)

Yvonne - that edit looks great to me. Love the one of the bodies whited out - surreal. :clap: Thimble is a brave girl showing us how deep the snow is. I hope she got a nice warm cuddle when she got back in the house. :)

Martin - your two look like they're having fun, too. :)

Ian - So this is Midge's new girl friend, eh. I'd love to have seen them - excellent shot. This definitely needs a caption. :):)

Jean

Here's some snaps of my two (Jack & Jess) enjoying themselves in the park this afternoon

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8606.jpg

IMG_8400.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

Great shots all round. :clap::clap:

its absolutly beautifull, honestly its a wonderfull image :)

Well done on the exposure Yvonne, it couldn't have been easy. They look like a right couple of Herberts!

Back