Who has been published?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I was thinking about this last night, while reading DP, i wonder how many people here have had stuff published, so come on, post here if you have..

I have!
3 in Digital Photo Magazine, 2 in the competition last year, and 1 random :D

Me... All the work stuff as well as personal stuff in Black and White Phtography magazine...

I had 3 wedding fayre pictures of models with designer dresses on published in the sun newspaper and daily record last year, my first wedding big shoot too, i was well pleased and bought about 15 copies.

You can add me to the list. The Best 10 years of Getaway Magazine Images plus a few tourist magazines.......never been paid more than a few rolls of film etc for anything though!

Funny you should ask this, I've just made a list for a photography job I'm going for, I know its not a tog magazine, but I'm still proud ...

11 newspapers, inc 3 sport leads, one cover, and a annual Sport review.
1 full TT 2006 calender.
3 partial Landscape Calender's.
A dozen postcards.
2 Tourism guides
1 new housing development brouchure.
1 Saga mag.
1 menu cover, lol
Numerous news websites (if it counts)

I think thats about it, I'm sure there is others but I can't remember them.

I dont think this is too bad as I'm only just starting my third year in photography.

I've had stuff published in my own dining room! Does that count?

SammyC said:
I've had stuff published in my own dining room! Does that count?

no..muhahahahahahahahaha

is that mean? :D :suspect1:

Harsh, but ultimately quite funny...

hehehehe

I realise its not exactly what you were getting at, but I've been into computer programming since the age of 11, had my first game published (on Amiga computers) at the age of 19 (1994), then I got into PC games and had 10 more games published between 2001-2005. Only small games but they netted me over £30,000.

No photos, though. :(

GfK said:
I realise its not exactly what you were getting at, but I've been into computer programming since the age of 11, had my first game published (on Amiga computers) at the age of 19 (1994), then I got into PC games and had 10 more games published between 2001-2005. Only small games but they netted me over £30,000.

No photos, though. :(

Most Impressive :thumb:

Which games?

I used to get my wedding shots (well the bride and groom shot anyway) puvblished in the local rags. I've done numerous brochure shots for hotels, rest homes etc., business cards, passports.

When I worked in the graphic design department at Sleaford in Lincolnshire, I had to take an image of a necklace for Connect Uk's (now Design Factory) Autumn/Winter newsletter. It was used as the front cover in the end.

Does that count??

Ribby said:
Which games?
Few screenshots to be had here.

The only games there that have not been published are:

Arkadion.jpg - 3D breakout clone which I wrote and have just been sat on for a couple years.

Blox.jpg - Wrote it in a week, sold intellectual property/rights to a software company for £200.

NewDarts.jpg - Darts game, currently unfinished.

Snooker.png - 3D snooker game, abandoned due to lack of interest (and a dispute with the WPBSA) :ponders:

All the others are (or have been) on sale in Game, EB, Toys R Us etc. Par Fore, Tennis Ace and Powerboat Racing still are, as far as I know...

Every national newspaper in the uk and most major news publications worldwide. several photo mags, 3 galleries, local magazines and newspapers, several page 3 style calendars, Hotel brochures, press releases, several Male Interest Magazines, and goodness only knows where else.

Never had anything published professionally but had a low circulation calendar done, a few shots in Equestrian mags and there's one of the motocross sites now using shots for their front page. Nothing fancy, no cash from it but it's all good publicity at this stage.

http://www.gmccsite.com/

I think that Scottish Endurance Riding also used a few for putting on to exhibition stands for an event last year. They certainly asked for them but not sure if they were used.

so we have quite a lot of experienced members in this area(not me though, so-so pictures that just got lucky)

i take the pictures at our regular charity get togethers for RTS, as my son has this condition,

all the pics that i take are put in the twice yearly colour magazine we publish
so i suppose thats what you mean ?

MyPix

i have been in the Sun, unfortunately i didnt take the picture ! lol Was when that lout that won the lottery crashed his Subaru, a pic of me driving one on Donington circuit appeard as part of the story ! :)

Doesnt count but my 3 seconds of fame ! lol

anything thats been seen by the public i suppose would count, you dont necessarily have to have been paid for it, used is good enough! So Sammy might count after all!

What about that BBC slideshow for a Digital Picture of Britain, quite a few showed up on that?

IanC_UK said:
Oooh a tv star ! ;) what you been on then ?

crimewatch??:innocent:

Some of my pictures have been sold but I have never had any published. I guess you have to submit or enter them into magazines and competitions to achieve that ;)

Steve said:
Some of my pictures have been sold but I have never had any published. I guess you have to submit or enter them into magazines and competitions to achieve that ;)

Damn right!!:p

Matty said:
crimewatch??:innocent:

heh, not quite. I was on the news looking pensive during the launch of Beagle2 and Rosetta spacecraft.

Telly, been there done that.
Was on record breakers once, part of a team that broke a world record.

Been in lots of papers for sports events.

No images published, Yet!

SammyC said:
I've been on TV? Does that help?

Crimewatch doesn't count mate. :D

I've had tons published on websites and in April, my first paid gig, the shots will be used on an official website and in all promotional material. (magazines, local newspapers etc.)

Bachs said:
and in April, my first paid gig, the shots will be used on an official website and in all promotional material. (magazines, local newspapers etc.)

Good work that lad :thumb:

Back