Who's Shooting What and Where...upto 28/11/10

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Busy week. have 4 youth teams from queensland to follow about.. mostly manchester this week.. liverpool next week

Monday
Man Utd Girls v Queensland girls.. evening

Tue
Man utd coaching session for u16's morning
School in Sale, Manchester footy match afternoon
Bradford v Accy stanley league footy in Evening

Wed
Reebock for Bolton wanderers coaching session for u16's morning
Processing pics rest of day

Thurs
Platt ln Man City coaching for u16's 9am
Egerton Knutsford two jnr footy matches in evening.

Fri
processing the weeks pics daytime
Port Vale v Accy Stanley FA Cup evening

Sat
Non league football yet to be chosen by paper
Off to Glasgow sat tea time

Sun
ToryGlen in Glasgow.. 4 full 90min footy matches one after the other Scottish FA v Queensland youth teams.. Ful size indoor pitch

I would hope to be at my sides local derby snapping, but it may possibly be off after the Cat 1 refs voted to strike this weeked.

Busy week Tony...my 17-35 is doing something odd so PR shoots are on hold for the week. Not doing anything until Saturday...been so busy recently I need to sort out expenses and archives.

Sat - Gloucester v Saracens (Gavin Henson on the bench rumour?!)

Son is out of hospital now after surgery. He aint playing rugby again! Stupid game :D.

good news hes out and ok .. presume thats you and not damage = no more rugby?

Nothing midweek for me which makes a nice change.

Saturday - FA cup game (waiting to be advised which one)
Sunday - Tottenham v Liverpool

Sat - Gloucester v Saracens (Gavin Henson on the bench rumour?!)

Wednesday - Spurs v Werder Bremen (first footie game - been wanting to start shooting football for a while)
Friday - Northampton v London Irish (because i'm in the area)
Saturday - ??? I'm down for Gloucester v Saracens (also hoping for Henson... not likely but he did say at end of oct he hoped to start a Sarries witin a month so fingers crossed)
Saturday (plan B) possibly England v South Africa instead (but not had confirmation so not looking likely)

KIPAX, are those for football then? :D

Friday: England Legends v South Africa Legends (not definite)
Saturday: England v South Africa
Sunday: Harlequins v Leeds Carnegie

Rogan, confirmation usually comes in on the wednesday before, so don't give up yet.
Tobers, good to hear your son's alright. Safer off the pitch eh?

I'd be surprised Henson is match-fit already, and I get the impression Sarries would prob to do their grand unveiling at a home match to bring in the punters?

Last edited:
Wed - local league football
Fri - Swansea vs Portsmouth
Sat - Stoke vs Man City
Sun - local league football

I thought Henson wasn't going to be available to play until he was out of strictly? Surely a 4.30pm is going to get in the way of him dancing at BBC studios at half 7???

Last edited:
Almost feel embarresed to start joining in this thread!

Shooting Leeds Carnegie on Wednesday (BUCS action). Footie, Hockey and Basketball

Can't beat a bit of BUCS sport! The satisfaction of photos in print is pretty good, but the satisfaction of mates and peers being chuffed with your shots of them playing uni sport is awesome too IMO!

I'm planning on a couple of rugby union games, West of Scotland v Gala on Saturday and Glasgow Hawks v Currie on Sunday. However, if the football referee's strike goes ahead then the rugby might be swamped with SNS togs.

Wed - local league football
Fri - Swansea vs Portsmouth
Sat - Wales vs New Zealand (hopefully)
Sun - local league football

I thought Henson wasn't going to be available to play until he was out of strictly? Surely a 4.30pm is going to get in the way of him dancing at BBC studios at half 7???

Assuming that Strictly is live there aren't you!! :cautious:

That's one of the many things I've learned in the last few weeks.

Assuming that Strictly is live there aren't you!! :cautious:

That's one of the many things I've learned in the last few weeks.

I thought the Saturday show was, but the Sunday results show was filmed later on the Saturday night? Not that i've been watching it this year!

Give it a rest lads, I'm trying to get away from the stupid program, and I thought I was safe on here...:LOL:

Southend RFC vs Jersey RFC on Saturday and hopefully another piccy in the papers making it 3 weeks on the trot.

Give it a rest lads, I'm trying to get away from the stupid program, and I thought I was safe on here...:LOL:

I never thought I'd be discussing Strictly with other Sports Photographers either to be fair!

Not got anything planned for this weekend, but may have something thrown my way in terms of rugby.

I thought the Saturday show was, but the Sunday results show was filmed later on the Saturday night? Not that i've been watching it this year!

The Saturday show is Live and the results as you say is filmed on Saturday night.

All that happens, is Aleisha etc change dresses !!

Gavin can't play for Sarries as they have to be the BBC studios at about 10am (for make-up, dress rehearsals etc).

Yes I'm a big fan. :LOL:

back up in Stockport this weekend for a few days so should be doing Man Utd V Blackburn on Sat.

arrrrgggghhhhhh! Just back home (2:30AM) from the Spurs v Bremen game. NIGHTMARE! The pits at the ends were pre allocated to big agency guys and ze germans (but not really filled which was annoying), so quite a few togs inc me were given seat numbers at the ends of sidelines. (including Getty and PA guys too - loads of togs shooting it). All very well but my view of goal was obscured by a flag which precisely blocked what would have been an immense crouch goal photo, and then blocked the cele!

Got some good shots off despite no O2 3G and no Wi-Fi, only to get home to find the whole trip was a complete waste of a day because my agency who had earlier confirmed receipt of the shots, had lost them on their system. Only got the message once the last edition newspaper deadline was past. That guarantees no second half photos being used and that was when spurs were up my end and i got my best shots. I've obv resent them. Anyway as frustrating as that was it was an experience! First time shooting footie as a pro and i learnt a lot tonight. Bring on the next one!

Last edited:
rogan - wow what an experience.

Really nice of them to lose your images !!!

arrrrgggghhhhhh! Just back home (2:30AM) from the Spurs v Bremen game. NIGHTMARE! The pits at the ends were pre allocated to big agency guys and ze germans (but not really filled which was annoying), so quite a few togs inc me were given seat numbers at the ends of sidelines. (including Getty and PA guys too - loads of togs shooting it). All very well but my view of goal was obscured by a flag which precisely blocked what would have been an immense crouch goal photo, and then blocked the cele!

Got some good shots off despite no O2 3G and no Wi-Fi, only to get home to find the whole trip was a complete waste of a day because my agency who had earlier confirmed receipt of the shots, had lost them on their system. Only got the message once the last edition newspaper deadline was past. That guarantees no second half photos being used and that was when spurs were up my end and i got my best shots. I've obv resent them. Anyway as frustrating as that was it was an experience! First time shooting footie as a pro and i learnt a lot tonight. Bring on the next one!

Baptism of fire mate...welcome to the cut-throat world of football photography. It's not quite the same as Bath at the Rec. ;)

Still, learn from it, and move on!

Baptism of fire mate...welcome to the cut-throat world of football photography. It's not quite the same as Bath at the Rec. ;)

Still, learn from it, and move on!

Absolutely! Definitely very cut-throat. There was 0 chance of me firing images off first because 1) ALL the togs around me had on site "tech's" ready to take their photographers memory cards away regularly to do the editing, captioning and sending within seconds of big moments in the game, leaving the togs free to just shoot, and 2) we were so crammed in there was no space to have a laptop set up and our back were in the row of seats behing and inaccessible without bashing other guys cameras etc.

but as you say I've learnt masses and I'll be back for more. TBH I love the pressure to get the important shots. Would be no fun if it was easy.

PS do Action Images give you a tech for big footie games James?

Nothing Special for me this weekend.

Saturday:
Morning - PNE Youths
Afternoon- EDL Demo (Local paper)
Sunday- Preston Grasshoppers Rugby

markiemc13 - i see you are online - please see my PM.

I know, Im the only one stupid enough to get in that kind of situation I think.

I know, Im the only one stupid enough to get in that kind of situation I think.

I sat in the middle of deepdale rd when the NF had a march in preston...1970s :) It was a big march with NF supporters from all over the country coachloads...Lanc evening post printed that not one single person from preston was in the march... see if times have changed eh.. Loads of trouble that day all over town...

Some clubs ask if you need a runner... but not much use unless you ahve a tech to run it to :)

Back