Wide Angle for Nikon D5100

Name
Raj
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

I had a quick search but I couldn't find a great amount that was definitive.

I want a wide angle lens for my Nikon D5100. I purchased the Nikon 10-20mm AF-P and then realised it wasn't compatible with my camera :mad: so i returned it.

What would be my next best option in that sort of range, and if you guys have any sample photos that would be great.

Would also like it to have auto focus.

Thanks in advance!

Sigma version of the same ?

I know - good times. This was the slower version of the lens but there's a f3.5 too..

Only problem with this lens is it's wiiiidddde - you almost get too much stuff in so be careful of composition

You mean quicker Ben ? 10mm on a Nikon is 10mm on a sigma...

I know - good times. This was the slower version of the lens but there's a f3.5 too..

Only problem with this lens is it's wiiiidddde - you almost get too much stuff in so be careful of composition

257381_10150244101237229_7964189_o.jpg

This was mine during AB25 days if you recognise it...
sorry going off topic.

I'll have a look at the f3.5, what was your's at?
Yeah I want it to be wide, i have the standard kit 18-55, 35mm and 55-300mm
I want the wide for landscape and architecture.

I don't, sorry - I've been a mod of uk-mkivs for years so involved since 2005 although I got my first vw ( beetle followed by a mk1 GTi ) in 1988. Suddenly..I feel old...

My photo above was at f5.6 but I wanted a longer exposure to get the light trails. For the money, you can't go wrong with them. Looking back on here, I paid £225 around 5 years ago

There are two Tokina lenses (11-16 and 11-20) worth considering. Both offer f/2.8. The Tokina was available (iirc) without an AF motor so if buying second hand you need to check.

Tokina 11-16 mm f2.8 MK2 it has the focus motor in the lens. See Ken Rockwells review. I find it a really great lens F2.8.

There is an f/3.5 one with HSM, so it's wider than the AF-P nikon lens.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I ended up getting the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5

Ah... Talking to people who "upgraded" to the faster version, they were a bit disappointed when they discovered that the faster one is rather soft at the wider aperture available, almost completely negating the benefit of the extra speed. In fact, one of them took her new version back and undid the deal, reverting to her older, slower lens and a few quid in her pocket.

Back