Widelux Revival

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Very interesting video...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tHl4yAP6qc

I heard Jeff Bridges being interviewed on Analog Talk some time ago and have his more recent book done with the camera. I wasn't aware, that while he was being interviewed recently for SGC magazine, he just asked if they thought they could revive the camera again. they thought it was a joke. He wasn't joking. Now it looks like the project could be going somewhere. With Hollywood money (and passion) and German engineering, it does sound plausible - especially as they don't have to build a shutter.

I've always hankered after one, but the prices are silly. Maybe if this makes it to a Kickstarter I'll be tempted. Certainly worth grabbing the latest copy of Silver Grain Classics magazine to have a read about it though.

Interested for sure.

Thank you for posting that. A way of making images that has interested me for a long time though I have never used a scanning camera, the closest I have got are the sweep panos from a phone.
For a historic look at the technique take a look at some of Josef Sudek's works with a (even then) old Kodak camera that as far as I can see used cut down 8x10 sheet film appearing to be one shot per sheet of individually loaded film around a curved film path. Mind blowing effort for a man with only one arm. (sorry for the slight off topic)

It’s available as a regular podcast everywhere. Maybe that’s implied by your post but I know nothing about how Spotify works :)
Yeah, sort of. I don't think they have a central website you can get them from, so you're limited to feeders. In this case, Apple, Google, or Spotify. I chose the lesser of the evils (in my humble opinion of course!) Because it's quite old, locating it can be tricky.

Yeah, sort of. I don't think they have a central website you can get them from, so you're limited to feeders. In this case, Apple, Google, or Spotify. I chose the lesser of the evils (in my humble opinion of course!) Because it's quite old, locating it can be tricky.

I use the Pocket Casts app on ipad and quickly found it by just searching Jeff Bridges rather to my surprise. Pocket Casets is vastly superior to BBC Sounds or Apple Podcasts and many of the others in case anyone is interested. I don’t use the Premium version which is pricey, I think mine is free unless I paid pennies for it years ago.

Very interesting video...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tHl4yAP6qc

I heard Jeff Bridges being interviewed on Analog Talk some time ago and have his more recent book done with the camera. I wasn't aware, that while he was being interviewed recently for SGC magazine, he just asked if they thought they could revive the camera again. they thought it was a joke. He wasn't joking. Now it looks like the project could be going somewhere. With Hollywood money (and passion) and German engineering, it does sound plausible - especially as they don't have to build a shutter.

I've always hankered after one, but the prices are silly. Maybe if this makes it to a Kickstarter I'll be tempted. Certainly worth grabbing the latest copy of Silver Grain Classics magazine to have a read about it though.

Interested for sure.
What's the difference between the Widelux and the panoramic slit cameras like Horizon etc?

Back