wifi on printer issue solved

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an Epson printer which works well ,or it did up to yesterday or day before.

Normally the printing is done wirelessly from computer to printer but suddenly the printer didn't get a wifi signal but the computer did.

first thing was to reset the printer with the router password but didn't work. Tried doing it using the printer self seek setting, still didnt work. So on to trying everything on printer and computer but still no wifi on the printer.

a real head scratcher problem, do I get a new printer? actually ordered one then found the problem so cancelled it.

The issue was not with the printer or the computer it was the damn router. Normally others are on the internet so turning off the router causes problems. Tonight I was the only one using it so switched off the router for 10 seconds and powered it back on.
The router somehow had dropped out the signal to the printer but not to the computer, must have been a slight difference in signal receiving strength or summit.

So if this happens to you check the router out first

By any chance are you with PlusNet and using their Hub1 router?

No with BT and using the BT router. This nearly drove me up the wall trying to find the problem.

No with BT and using the BT router. This nearly drove me up the wall trying to find the problem.

Do you know which version of the BT router (Home Hub?) you are using? (the PlusNet router is PN branded version of the HH 5a)

PS here is the PN community discussion thread about the random and awkward dropping of the WiFi connectivity on the 5Ghz band and you will that there are 132 pages of posts. FWIW I changed from the PN HUB1 early on to a BT Business Hub v6 ;)

Last edited:
no sorry can't help with that, the box just says smart hub works on 5.15-5.35GHz band iten code 084319

Last edited:
Do you know which version of the BT router (Home Hub?) you are using? (the PlusNet router is PN branded version of the HH 5a)

PS here is the PN community discussion thread about the random and awkward dropping of the WiFi connectivity on the 5Ghz band and you will that there are 132 pages of posts. FWIW I changed from the PN HUB1 early on to a BT Business Hub v6 ;)

I changed from BT to plusnet and it was awful , wifi dropouts , no range at all , really slow when on wifi , just bought a netgear and it's transformed it , instant page refresh where before it was taking a second or two

Back