Wildlife Meet

M

Marik

Lo guys, just wondering about maybe trying to sort out a meet at a RSPB Reserve or something like that. Would anyone be interessted?

If not i'll go on my own :(

which one did you have in mind?

You don't have a location on display so people wont know if your north or south of them.

LOL. Cheer up Dan. You end too many posts with that sad smiley, you'll give people the wrong impression. ;)

There's lots of people here who are always interested in any sort of meet, but the problem is finding somewhere within a reasonable travelling distance, and a date which people can fit around their other commitments, so you gotsta do a bit more work mate. ;) You know your area best, suggest somewhere which people might be interested in and start a thread. You'll get far more response with a definite venue in mind, or even a few choices.

Where are you (ish) anyway?

Venomator said:

And "on the floor is" ... :thinking: ... south of on the ceiling I suppose ... :shrug:

:LOL: :p ;)

Aye, but if i lived in a flat, i could also be north of their ceiling :bonk:

argh! He knoes where I live!

lol, where are you in northampton lol

lol aint seen that. I think i have driven past you before, I must of hm...

trying to remember where the saints ground is

weedon/harlstone road? I know the sixfields cinema place! wewt \o/

Hmmmm, i'll be down that way in August....i might call in on you both :eek:

Sorry lol, You know the harlstone heath garden centre?I work for the same company just in wellingborough :D

I'm usually there on thrusdays though :eek:

you can run......but there is no where to hide.

I spend a fair bit of time in Daventry each year, so your not that far away. ;)

:bonk: Bumps thread slightly back on topic

There is the RSPB headquarters at Sandy . Not been yet but heard it can be pretty camera/bird friendly :)

I'll be staying at Hellidon lakes on my next trip, so your more than welcome to pop over and enjoy the hospitaility ;) Ian

I was looking at those reserves MrGrubby, look quite good

mrgubby said:
:bonk: Bumps thread slightly back on topic

There is the RSPB headquarters at Sandy . Not been yet but heard it can be pretty camera/bird friendly :)

I drive that way when i have to drive into the office (Letchworth/Baldock), havent seen the signs for the reserve though, but wanted to go and see what was going on there !

Yeah well a zoo sounds likes a great day out, so does a wildlife reserve, but it's up to you guys really

What are peoples opinions? one of the RSPB Reserves or a Zoo? Vote now!

thats true we could do both a few weekends apart or something, then people who can't attend one, could attend the other? what you recon to that!

I dunno 2 might be a bit much, I'll sleep on it, night night :D

Well Twycross is easily do-able for me. It would have to be a weekend, but I should have no probs fitting in a date. The only probs with zoos, particularly at this time of year is the hordes of visitors and nobs with mobile phone cameras pushing in front of you.

Duller days are often better for shots than hot sunny ones, so we dont need to worry too much about the weather. Our last trip to Chester Zoo, it ****ed down all day, but we all got some good shots. :)

Back