Will extender work with macro lens?

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
No
I have a Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro lens (non IS), and a EF 1.4 mk3 extender. Can I use them both together to give extra reach for macro shots? I have a EOS 90D DSLR camera. I could try of course but am afraid of damaging the connectors if wrong.

I have a Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro lens (non IS), and a EF 1.4 mk3 extender. Can I use them both together to give extra reach for macro shots? I have a EOS 90D DSLR camera. I could try of course but am afraid of damaging the connectors if wrong.
The spec here does not mention usage with a teleconverter (nothing to do with 'connectors'.....more likely simply construction & design differences) however the spec list does list two extension tubes.

No, they just don't fit together, but as Brownie say's use extension tubes instead, either that or a raynox 150 0r 250

I use extension tubes on my 100mm ,that i bought from Amazon, and they work fine.

You could try putting an extension tube between the teleconverter and the lens. This works well with the Olympus µ43 60mm macro lens and gives a high magnification (and SFA subject distance).

Back