Will it be a whitewash ?

I think Australia could pitch us against an under 11's team and we'd still get our arses kicked all over.

Wouldnt even watch cricket if they had a chance of winning :D

I didn't watch it last year (when they won...or so I'm told by the news).

It's one sport I've never really understood, or gotten 'into'. Not since I used to play for the cricket team at school (quite good I was too IIRC). As I've grown up though, I just find the game quite tedious and slow....Good to photograph though, and in summer you'll find me on the touchline(?) at our local cricket club, trying to get some good action shots :D

Haven't been so depressed since Jones (Glam) knackered his knee on our last journey to the land of the convict :(

Yep 2009 looks good with some of our younger guys coming on nicely and the old tormentors retiring...... still, much can change.......

Yeah - thought we had that repaired to some degree since last summer, but this series has exposed a huge need for application!!!!!

New keeper, new FAST swing bowler and training for Monty and Harmy required - they're both able, just too raw.......

......maybe...........

Agree.
Disappointingly, England's last five men produced only four runs!!! Says it all.

The keeper worries me, I've not seen us chop and change so much in that area for some time and with Nixon in the one day squad, I'm still not sure we have it sorted.
We need Jones to be fit for every test and I'm now worried he has begun to pick up some niggling injuries.
I do believe that Freddie has also been given too much to do, you could see the relief in his the pressure was off, nothing he could do, so he batted a little more relaxed.
Boy how much we need Trescothick, Jones and Vaughan.

Def Jones, but worried about Tresco - he's let the side down badly a couple of times now. Fair enough he has some issues and no-one would hold that against him, but he just shouldn't have gone - we started the series on the back foot.

Here's hoping Vaughan's knee holds out - great skipper - completely agree with your view on the Freddie!!

I'm Scottish & therefore geneticaly unable to play cricket but I'm fairly certain I could do better than the English team :shake:

(is it an english/welsh team ? , never quite sure how they've managed to call it the ECB :thinking: )

I'm Scottish & therefore geneticaly unable to play cricket but I'm fairly certain I could do better than the English team :shake:

(is it an english/welsh team ? , never quite sure how they've managed to call it the ECB :thinking: )

Ouch - trust the Scotts to foster some harmony ;)

In 1992 Scotland severed their ties with the English cricket team, and gained associate membership of the ICC in their own right in 1994. They competed in the ICC Trophy for the first time in 1997, finishing third and qualifying for the 1999 World Cup, where they lost all their games :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_cricket_team

To be fair - most teams would struggle against the Oz at the moment, annoyingly we should have competed more than we have, it's the lack of belief that worries me the most.

Looks like your little flutter was a wise move - unless the tail wags for the first time in the series and manages to make 400 or so.

Why oh why oh why oh why :crying:

Still in tears mate - woeful!

dont reckon harmy will do a Dizzy Gillespie and get a double ton then ;)

:LOL: Think you may be safe somehow there. If he does, i'll match your 'donation'

Goodbye to the greatest and third best bowler of all time ...

IMG_5168-web.jpg

Very generous of you - i'm still too humiliated and bitter to be gracious :(

My VM is filled with kind thoughts from my Australian colleagues - i guess i had it coming from my comments and joy in 05.

Bring on 07 and some fast reverse swing - come on the JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right - they outplayed us and rubbed our noses in it. here's hoping for an inquest of real value rather than lip service.

At least you made something out of it - good call an denjoy that glass when it arrives (y)

At least I have foudn a fellow cricketing fan on here, there doesn't seem to be many more :)

Alec Stewart made a good point on 5 Live this morning, he was talking about the reaction of the press in OZ after the 2005 series, the press were after heads. Cricket Oz said No, the team and players are right, we'll stick with what we have. I hope (to some degree) we do the same.
Undoutedly there are players with real talent, Pieterson, who although slightly arrogant, is a class act. Fintoff, Bell etc need to perform. As we were saying a few posts back, we need Jones back quick, we now need to stick with Monty and get Vaughan back fighting fit to give Freddie a chance to bowl and bat as he should.
One last point again I think I heard this on SKY last night, The England lower order must develop there own batting style and stick to it. Whether or not that be a blocker or Slogger, we need runs or at least support from our lower order, let's get it sorted..... Bring on 2009.

Oh well, back to Sofia Gardens now and the underachieving Glamorgan :)

Back