"Win a Wedding Shooter Kit" Challenge SEPTEMBER 2009 POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
Cast your votes HERE

For September's contest what I am looking for is the funniest candid wedding shot, it doesn't need to include flash or any other type of (artificial - DD) lighting it just needs to be a candid shot and funny.

The prize this month is an off-camera bracket, a ttl cord (Nikon, Canon or Sony only) and a Lambency clear diffuser. Please see my sales post for details of the different items.

Total value of the prize is £49.50 and the prize includes free delivery.

MORE PRIZES :nuts:

Second Prize a TTL cord (Canon/Nikon or Sony Fit only)

Third Prize a Lambency Clear Diffuser (see sales listing for fittings available)

Any pictures submitted must be your own work and must have been taken within the last 6 months (or so).No cash alternative to the prize.

The competition runs from 01/09/09 to 30/09/09. ONE entry per person.

3876369702_713630871c_o.jpg

To get the ball rolling

I asked if they could throw their hats in the air ... As long as they catch em i was told ! by Dad on the end , they are hired he said ......... 5 HATS ... 4 down ... one still in orbit.. He did catch it :clap:

3876566030_557d0df655_o.jpg

Fantastic day .. Great people to work with

Rog (y)

Here we go...

The groom was not in favour of a "traditional" wedding and, having already bowed to pressure to get married in a church, made himself scarce when the time came to cut the cake, so the bride was left to improvise by herself. Rather than cutting the cake, he had a huge pork pie made specially and had cut that earlier in the day. This time it was the bride's turn to get what she wanted.

20090418_203307_6811_LR.jpg

Caught the Bridemaid having a sly drag before they all left the ceremony for the wedding breakfast. I think her expression on being caught says it all!!

IMG_7329a.jpg

<Removed> (I hope that's allowed!)

May I reserve the right to change it if I find a better one? :D

New posted :LOL:

This shot shows the reaction of bridesmaids at the wedding to a photo of the closer lady eating far too much in one mouthful
y06o0x.jpg

Best of luck to everyone with their entries, I look forward to seeing some top notch stuff

Matthew Wilson

one of the best men and his wife along with another guy (who was messing about all day), I pointed the camera at them and this is what they did, makes me chuckle every time :D

630367406_whPnV-L.jpg

Even the vicar needs a drink.

This was taken after the second wedding of the morning as the current party was leaving and the third entering the church. Apparently he had over booked the weddings and had to call the third couple on the morning of their wedding and move them back an hour and a half.

A little stressed perhaps lol.

P8060067.jpg

Mother of the Bride, the umbrella never lies

3878425749_3707d4b00e_o.jpg

Thank God thats over.

IMGL0263copy.jpg

Now, with this photo, don't judge my skill. I'd owned a DSLR for maybe 10 hours, shooting on auto, and me and the groom had recently downed 2 pints, 2 jeager shots and 2 jeager bombs so we were rather drunk. In fact, I don't think I was actually looking through the view finder, I just lifted, pointed and shot.

daveaj.jpg

That's the Groom, for some reason only known to himself, licking the best man's head and the bride wondering what the hell was going on. And yes, she was wearing clothes :D

Whilst many of these are funny, what is the definition of candid?

Does it inclue posed shots? even when it is not on the direction of the tog?

Does it include set up shots that have gone wrong?

may edit this after googling to avoid looking a prat

From the all trusting wikipedia

"Candid photography is best described as un-posed and unplanned, immediate and unobtrusive. This is in contrast to classic photography, which includes aspects such as carefully staged portrait photography, landscape photography or object photography. Candid photography catches moments of life from immersion in it.

Candid photography is opposed to the stalking involved in animal photography, sports photography or photographic journalistic intrusion, which all have a focus on getting distant objects photographed, e.g. by using telephoto lenses. Candid photography's setup includes a photographer who is there with the "subjects" to be photographed, close, and not hidden. People photographed on candid shots either ignore or accept the close presence of the photographer's camera without posing."

Yeah I know I'm a Pedant.

Mother of the Bride is easily offended and looked away in disgust.

KirstenandNick1.jpg

Here is mine from a wedding I went to in Cyprus, it was a rude napkin trick by the father of the brides best mate... good job the groom found it funny!!

3876595138_d60565acdd.jpg

Her is one from a wedding I did .:nuts:

HELP.!!!!

wedding_candid_web.jpg

MD(y)

3887881620_d37e9dbd9e.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back