Windows 10 Anniversary Update incompatible with nVidia GTX750 drivers

dkh

Name
Dilip
Edit My Images
No
Updated twice now but each time I get severe lag when opening a new window or refreshing a browser window. After a bit of research, I've heard that I'm not alone and that it's the graphics driver being incompatible?

I would have thought such an update would have got mainstream drivers onboard?

What version of the driver are you using?

I installed AU and fingers crossed no issues as you describe with my GT610 card. Will check my version later and update this post.

Edit ~ my nVidia driver is version 369.09

Last edited:
Current version is 376.33 plus a hot-fix of 376.40 so you're quite a long way behind. 376.33 worked properly on my GTX 1050 Ti.

Current version is 376.33 plus a hot-fix of 376.40 so you're quite a long way behind. 376.33 worked properly on my GTX 1050 Ti.

But it is not me with the problems ;) All stable here, as mentioned using my GT610 :)

PS I installed W10 v1607 on the 2nd Jan 17

PPS I am not sure whether I made a note of the nVidia driver version I had under W10 1511 or if v1607 upgraded(?) the driver, perhaps not ???

Last edited:
I have a GTX750 and the latest W10 update, all working fine here

Microsoft don't create all drivers for all devices and rely on the manufacturers. To help them they usually involve them in code updates at an early stage, especially the larger manufacturers.
Of course, until the final code is released, some things may be missed.

It's a popular card, I would suggest they'll be an update out very soon. Have you raised the issue with Nvidea support? They may have a patch/solution

Got the update automatically on Sunday and after a few sluggish windows, I've reverted back to 1511. The problem is the graphics card but maybe not directly as I've heard that the motherboard (Asus Z-87 Pro) might not be compatible (???)

Got the update automatically on Sunday and after a few sluggish windows, I've reverted back to 1511. The problem is the graphics card but maybe not directly as I've heard that the motherboard (Asus Z-87 Pro) might not be compatible (???)

It's more up to date than my p8p67-m that's 2 gens older.

Had to faff around finding drivers mind.

And my mb and graphics card are that much older.

Back