Windows 7 Professional Student offer for £30.00

Name
Bal Sanghera
Edit My Images
Yes
For those who dont know you can get Windows 7 professional edition for £30.00 from http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/studentoffer/ if you have access to a .ac.uk email address.

It cost a extra £9.00 to have copy delivered on CD or you can just have free digital copy and download directly to your pc and burn it yourself.

It cost a extra £9.00 to have copy delivered on CD or you can just have free digital copy and download directly to your pc and burn it yourself.

You can burn it to a cd yourself then and keep for future reinstalls if required ?

Yes .ac.uk email address is required as thats where they send the licence details and how to download etc

Once you downloaded it and burnt to cd/dvd you can install again if required.

thanks for the link!!!

You can also get this if you work for a college or uni. My wife and i bought copies for ourselves

if you're on a technical course, you may also be able to get it for free with microsoft academic alliance scheme.

You can also get microsoft office through the 'ultimate steal' process, and a range of profesisonal microsoft applications (SQL server, windows server 2008 and more...) through 'dreamspark' on some technical courses.

Looks like it is only an upgrade. It may good for some (with full retail previous version), but useless for others. The question is could I buy this and sell on ebay for a proper price? (I use OSX)

Looks like it is only an upgrade. It may good for some (with full retail previous version), but useless for others. The question is could I buy this and sell on ebay for a proper price? (I use OSX)

You could try but I am certain that you would probably get banned from Ebay.

This would be a definite violation of the Microsoft license.

You can do a full clean install with this aswell as upgrade old versions. If you have got no OS then it will automatically do full install.

You can do a full clean install with this aswell as upgrade old versions. If you have got no OS then it will automatically do full install.

The point is if you buy this for vmware or a new custom built PC, technically it is illegal.

downloading mine now...cheers Bal

Couldn't upgrade from xp pro 32bit to windows 7 32bit. I need .iso file so I can make a bootable dvd. I didn't read the tutorial beforehand now I'm having trouble.

if you want help strobe monkey pm me,

I haven;t done this one yet but have installed os's from home made dvds before (above board)

and I have 7 running.....

if you want help strobe monkey pm me,

I haven;t done this one yet but have installed os's from home made dvds before (above board)

and I have 7 running.....

Thanks for the offer, I've already burned to a bootable DVD. Just scouring the net if my other softwares/hardwares will be compatible before I clean install.

Will pm you if I get stuck... cheers

So if you have XP Pro installed, you can "upgrade" with this - I presume it will do a clean install, have been reading if you have Vista, you can upgrade, but with XP you need the full retail disc ?

So if you have XP Pro installed, you can "upgrade" with this - I presume it will do a clean install, have been reading if you have Vista, you can upgrade, but with XP you need the full retail disc ?

If you have xp, you need to do a clean install, and the upgrade w7 disk will do. Ive just done it yesterday, Im dual booting now...
You don't need a full retail version.

Yep - I managed to wang a copy of this student deal. Am now dual booting vista 64 and windows 7.

To be honest I really like vista 64 and have no issues with it. Only got win7 for something new to play with, and got it now as this offer was too good to pass on and won't be around for long.

Back