Winnats Pass

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Looked at the weather forecast for the long bank holiday weekend and decided that Friday morning was the best option. Even then it didn't look great.

Planned on going up Mam Tor but at the top of Winnats Pass it was clear that most of the peaks had low cloud over them. I decided to park up and walk down onto the edge of the pass instead.

Sunrise came and went with just blanket cloud and then the rain set in and I decided to just give it another 30 minutes as I seemed to be getting odd breaks in the cloud behind me - but nothing over the pass.

Just as I was about to pack up the clouds parted for around a minute and sunlight filled the pass / valley. Then it was gone :)

Passing Light by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Very nice Dave
Pateince is a virtue and can be vital in landscape photography

"Cracking" shot Sir, and very well presented.(y)

George.

Magical…can't leave it alone…
I should leave some for the others! (y)(y)(y)

Edale, The Hope Valley and around Winnats do produce some stunning cloud cover hanging in the valleys at all times of year if you time it right. At least it is a little more forgiving getting there with less snow. (although it was snowing in Sheffield this morning). Nicely captured.

That's a belter Dave, what a cracking shot I love that. Sometimes the best shots come in bad weather, Nice one!(y)

Back