Winter walkies!

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Got out this morning to use my camera in daylight for the very first time. I've 4 snaps to share with you. I can tell I've some focus/shutter tinkering to do. Would appreciate comments on best ways to tweak to improve results in future. I'm a complete beginner by the way.

Dog11.jpg

1/250 - f/5.6 - ISO400 - focal length 190mm

Dog2.jpg

1/250 - f/5.6 - ISO400 - focal length 190mm

Dog4.jpg

1/1000 - f/5.6 - ISO800 - focal length 100mm

Dog5.jpg

1/1000 - f/5.6 - ISO800 - focal length 100mm

1 & 2 are VERY over exposed :( 3 and 4 are much better. No4 is the best of the bunch for me :)

You've done the right thing by getting down low to the dog's level which helps the composition greatly. Watch the ISO though, I'm not sure you needed it so high, especially in the first 2

The last one is the best.
focus might not be entirely your fault.
Thats one of the most difficult shots for a camera to resolve autofocus, a target moving quickly towards it, especially if the target is a little low on contrasty features.
I'm not familiar with a 10D, maybe one of the program modes like app priority will get you a better exposure.
In good daylight you won't need to shoot much more than iso 100 or 200.

3 for me, but i think they're all spot on anyway well done(y)

I must admit that I had my camera set ready for the running shots when mutley was posing for the first two pictures so that was my fault for not adjusting my settings. I've adjusted the over-exposure on the originals of 1 & 2 and they look much better.
Thanks for all the comments and advice. It is very much appreciated.

Dog12.jpg

Dog21.jpg

Back