Winter....what winter!

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Winter.....it's many a photographers favourite season including mine but jezz it's been dire this year.
With only two weekends of notable snow it's been tough going.
The following are all from the weekend of the 19th of November last year which was a fabulous weekend to be in Glencoe.

Loch Ba sunrise.

Loch Ba by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Nip over the road to shoot in to the mountains of the Blackmount.
Kept it cold to emphasise the freezing conditions.

Blackmount, Rannoch Moor by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Blackmount by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Blackmount, Rannoch Moor by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Rannoch by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

This is from a recent weekend when the conditions promised more yet delivered very little. Very frustrating.

Ba Ice by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

And an oldie I've only just got round to processing from two years ago. Buachaille Etive Mor from Chrulaiste before it became popular.

Buachaille Etive Mor, Glencoe by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

A wonderful set, full of drama and epic landscapery. 1+5 for me although if any of them were mine, I'd be rather pleased.

I'm with Dale on preferring 1 & 5, but they're all really good and you must be pleased with them.

no 3 and 5 for me

Cracking set of images everyone of them (y)

Very disappointing..... about the lack of snow this winter but your set of images are fabulous. Especially like the hues in No 1, the feeling of scale in No 3 and the somewhat other worldly feel of No 6. Can't decide which I like the most?

No1 is just lovely :love::clap:

I always like seeing images from this area, no matter how cliche somebody might say they are.

#1 is very nicel. and 3 and 5 to.

I have some just like the last one too from the very cold winter in 2011. Good light.

Wow. especially 2 and 5.

These are fantastic. Last one is probably the best I've seen of that shot.

I know what you mean Scott, It was so promising at the start of winter and again another year of delivering so little. This is a rather splendid set and if I had to pick one it would be No.2 because of the drama and beautiful light but in fairness all top work again.
There will be an invasion of TPers in the middle of March so if you could do a few weather dances and sort the snow out that would be appreciated :ty:

Awesome set Scott.

I particularly like 3 for the sense of scale the trees give to the mountains that appear to disappear up into the clouds and 6 because the interesting foreground made me stop and wonder whether it was frozen or rushing water (not sure it needs s much sky though?)

Simply superb as ever Scott. I can say I'd be happy to put any of these up on the wall. The atmosphere of the Black Mount images is sublime. My favourite is the Loch Ba Sunrise image though. Absolutely stunning.

Utmost respect for capturing those scenes in such limited opportunity.
Did you hear the thud as my jaw hit the floor on seeing No1....?
I honestly stayed on that image for 2-3 minutes.
All excellent, but the first is outstandingly sublime!

Nope, I cant split them superb work Scott.... What beauty! I wonder with all this threat of "Global Warming" how many decent winters we are going to get?
I'm off to Norway to find the winter, think i can guarantee some Snow there!
I must say No1 is outstanding and stunning light. Also No6 Ba Ice interesting and beautiful!
Terrific work its been a pleasure to view(y)

I'm not always a massive fan of the glamour glow snow processing (but I appreciate it is your style) so I'm pleased you have not gone too far with it here. Incidentally the first is bang on processing and could not be improved at all for my taste.

A great series of shots Scott, really good work and a great example of how well a telephoto lens can be put to use in the mountains to make them look and feel like mountains.

The absolute cheek of complaining about two weekends of snow... we haven't had any in the South here for 4 years! ;)

Great set lad - you make good use of that 70-200. More sense than me lugging about the 85, 105, 135 and 180.....

Back