Winters gone by. (5 pics)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Absolutely kicking myself for not going out on Sunday, by all accounts conditions were pretty damn perfect. Did go out on Saturday though but felt absolutely nothing for the landscape whilst doing similar shots I've done before but in more favourable conditions.
So, I've been looking over some older shots from previous winters. Think I've shared shots taken on the same days as these but never these particular shots. If they've been on here before I apologise, it's also a bit of a mish mash set with shots spanning over several years.

Reworked with a slightly different crop and colour. Had the glen to myself this day as the snow gates were up. A lock in. :) Although Plod doesn't appreciate you leaving your car to wander off taking pictures when the roads closed.

winter.JPG

It's quite a popular spot up here now. Been meaning to convert this for a while, with the onset of winter this felt like as good a time as any.

winter-2.JPG

A screaming sunrise on Loch Ba.

winter-7.JPG

Loch Ba frozen over.

winter-4.JPG

Tulla trees on a very overcast day.

winter-5.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Tremendous shots. All stunning IMO

Love no1. I do find the highlights in the sky distracting, not everyone would be comfortable removing those though, I put my thumb over them and it feels much more comfortable.

All great though, Scott.

A great set of images, if I had to pick one it would be the sunrise over Loch Ba .... nah make that two, the Tulla trees are really striking as well :)

PS, do you know if anyone lives in the house on the first image ? seems to be a really isolated area to live in.

Thank you all very much. As I said, it's a bit of a mixed bag of pictures taken over a prolonged period with slight shifts in style and mood.

Love no1. I do find the highlights in the sky distracting, not everyone would be comfortable removing those though.
I find them distracting too, it's the only thing that bugs me about that picture. I have had them out but found the sky overly empty so put them back in. There was a patch of clear sky coming in from the right (the direction the weather travels through Glencoe) so this was the best available at the time.

PS, do you know if anyone lives in the house on the first image ? seems to be a really isolated area to live in.
Lagangarbh bothy is owned by the NTS but run and maintained by the Scottish Mountaineering Club. It was once a traditional crofting home many years ago and as you say, a very isolated location to live.

Simply stunning! nos 2 and 3 for me are outstanding and are my favourites from a fine set.
Thanks and Happy Christmas.

These are a nice selection of images. Agree re the highlights in the first one but what you do - crop puts the mountain a tad close to the frame egde. The 2nd image is a lovely conversion but reckon the colour one is the one. Love 3 and the high key conversion of the last one is a nice take.

Monday and Tuesday were good too. Sunday might have been too clear for your tastes, the sunrise on Tuesday was epic and Monday there was some cloud about.

Awesome, the Loch Ba pair are super and the minimalist last one is very good too.The second is a great view, but I'm not sure I love the processing. The first is great though, nice set.

I find them distracting too, it's the only thing that bugs me about that picture. I have had them out but found the sky overly empty so put them back in. There was a patch of clear sky coming in from the right (the direction the weather travels through Glencoe) so this was the best available at the time.

I would crop them out. It is the only minor blemish in what is for me a superb image.

Sunrise shot very nice and the next one Loch Ba.. is for me. It's so well balanced re. the shades..you could say,ethereal. The last one is also very appealing..sort of melancholy. Craig has the correct term, though..minimalist.

#3 is my favourite. I love it. The colours are beautiful and I love the contrast between the foreground snow covered rocks and the fiery red sky in the background. Brilliant photos.

Love these Scott ... for someone who has never (shame on me) witnessed proper winter conditions, these really do portray such a fantastic overall feeling. The subtle processing on that-there popular spot really gives such an amazing feeling of silence ...

Stunning .. thanks for sharing ..

I knew when I hit your link I was going to be in for a treat. Bloody hell what a place to be locked in! The shots that are particularly striking to me are the Loch Ba shots ..... Guess it's my tree (and mountain) fetish. A superb set Scott. I love the simplicity of the last shot too, beautiful. I love the real subtle colours in the frozen Loch Ba shot, I think the frozen reflection add nicely to the muted tones. Lovely work Scott(y)

Love the high contrast #5. #3 has great colours but overall a great selection

Different class Scott, faultless editing on these! It's a pity about the highlights in the clouds on the first but its still a beautiful image.

Different class Scott, faultless editing on these! It's a pity about the highlights in the clouds on the first but its still a beautiful image.
Thanks Neil. Yeah, those highlights do annoy a little but a slightly different crop with less foreground snuck past the LPOTY judges in 2016 to steal runner up in Classic view which took me completely by surprise. The picture was rejected in 2015. :D

Back