Wire wool and an orb

Great set I love them

Thanks for commenting guys:)

good job with the wool, the orb needs some practise

Got to agree about the orb and this is my best yet :(

I'm spinning leds weighted with old batteries but find it impossible to spin them vertically. The top of the circle is always further out than the bottom.
Any tips appreciated;)

Thanks for commenting guys:)

Got to agree about the orb and this is my best yet :(

I'm spinning leds weighted with old batteries but find it impossible to spin them vertically. The top of the circle is always further out than the bottom.
Any tips appreciated;)

What is your 'string'? I use 3 core flex, and spin holding it in my thumb and index finger then use your wrist to angle the swing. Takes a good bit of practise but once you get there its very controllable.

What is your 'string'? I use 3 core flex, and spin holding it in my thumb and index finger then use your wrist to angle the swing. Takes a good bit of practise but once you get there its very controllable.

Thanks for that Matt:)

My leds are on thin two strand cable which gets pretty twisted up tbh. I'm spinning the lights much in the way you describe so I guess more practise is in order;)

One thing I would try, you say its weighted with old batteries, how many? When I started out on orbs I had stacks of weight... didn;t need it, so reduced it quite a bit and it made it much easier. Also try and have the weight spread around the string, if you know what I mean, like don't use one battery have a second on the opposite side so when it dangles it straight.

I use 2 washing machine bolts, they are long and thin and run down the string one either side, perfectly balanced, with a bit of practise you will easily achieve somethign like this

Return to the Old Airidh by M+M Morrison, on Flickr
Hope that helps :)

Cheers mate! The weights are 3 AA batteries at 120 degrees around the leds. I'll try reducing the weight (that should also help when it clonks my head:LOL:).

Cracking image btw:)

Cheers mate! The weights are 3 AA batteries at 120 degrees around the leds. I'll try reducing the weight (that should also help when it clonks my head:LOL:).

Cracking image btw:)

Thanks, I did find part of the issue I had when I started as well was I was scared of the thing hitting me so once I reduced the weight I was a lot more comfortable. In saying that I have made some crazy looking karate moves when finishing an Orb to stop the thing hitting me :nuts:

Looking forward to your next shot :D

cool - until I joined this forum I only thought of cameras for taking holiday snaps or of the dog asleep in front of the fire - there are some very clever people and creative souls here

Back