Wireless phone charging? Have you tried it?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've had my s6 edge+ for around 5 months now and always fancied trying out a wireless charger for convenience and to try and save my USB port from accidental damage and every day wear and tear. I've been using the newest Choetech fast wireless charging pad during the past week and have been extremely pleased with its performance. Charging times using Samsungs fast charger plug have not been any different and when I have used via a USB port on my computer it seems like it has actually improved the charging times which is a bonus. It is even strong enough to charge the phone with my Spigen case still on which I was surprised about.

It is really well made with rubberised feet on the bottom and it is a large size with a great contact area so that the phone doesn’t fall off and you don’t have to spend a long time trying to place the phone in the perfect position for charging to commence. There is an LED on the front which notifies when charging has commenced and will turn off when the phone is fully charged

I did have a slight issue with my charger which developed a fault. I sent an email to the technical support team who replied back within 24hrs and after establishing it couldn’t be fixed, a new one was sent to me within 3 days. Their customer support is really excellent and much better than I have had with other mobile accessory suppliers.

Overall, I'm definitely hugely pleased with my charger and will be looking to purchase a second for my desk at work as it is so much more convenient charging it this way.

Has anyone else done wireless charging? What chargers have you used?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Li...202&sr=8-5&keywords=choetech+wireless+charger

I have a Z3. £3 magnetic charging cradle off of eBay. It's not truly wireless but it's close enough.

I have an S6 and charge it on a Spigen premium wireless charger - This one

The charger sits on my desk so I just leave my phone on it when working

I can't really see the benefit for wireless charging, all it seems to do is to save to you plugging it in - or am I missing something?

I have a Z3. £3 magnetic charging cradle off of eBay. It's not truly wireless but it's close enough.
Yup, I've got the same sort of thing - does what it should and at a good price !

I can't really see the benefit for wireless charging, all it seems to do is to save to you plugging it in - or am I missing something?
Nope, thats about it - the Z3 is meant to be waterproof so has a cover on its charging slot - by using the magnetic cradle you lessen wear and tear on the covers seal which may mean it remains waterproof for longer, but as I don't intent to test this out I'll never know. However, it does make my charger appear different to the others in the house so it rarely goes missing......

Wireless charging is the thing I miss most about my old Lumia 920, actually it's the only thing I miss from my old Lumia 920 :D

Seriously though, I had a charger on my desk at work and one on the bedside table at home. The phone was always charged, wish I could do that with my iphone.

I liked wireless charging on my Nokia 930....much better than constantly plugging it in and out...

i thought that at first but saves wear and tear on the usb port and if you are anything like me, ive picked a phone up when plugged in and wandered away almost snapping the port. Just find this more convenient

Nope, thats about it - the Z3 is meant to be waterproof so has a cover on its charging slot - by using the magnetic cradle you lessen wear and tear on the covers seal which may mean it remains waterproof for longer, but as I don't intent to test this out I'll never know. However, it does make my charger appear different to the others in the house so it rarely goes missing......

'xactly that. It saves about 10 seconds of "work" a day as the phone just drops in the charger rather than fiddling with cables.. IMO worth 3 quid. Not worth £30 - £50 or whatever Apple charge :D

Mrs Nod uses a Belkin Qi charger for her S6. Pops it on every night and it's charged by the morning. Saves faffing with tiny plugs and sockets when she hasn't got her specs on!

Makes me wonder why it doesnt come as standard on all phones. If you need a quick charge one try the choetech i mentioned above. Good price and all 5* reviews so far

I'd prefer usb-c wired given the choice as micro usb is a bit fiddly and not "reversible" like usb-c
I have got the "old" nexus 6 which supports wireless charging but it looks like the new nexus 6 has ditched the idea of wireless altogether

I've got a Samsung S5. To get to the usb port you have to flick open a latch on the bottom of the phone (part of the waether proofing), which can be a pain. With wireless charging you just place it on top of the pad. Mines next to the bed so charges all night, no leads to disconnect when done.

I've got a Samsung S5. To get to the usb port you have to flick open a latch on the bottom of the phone (part of the waether proofing), which can be a pain. With wireless charging you just place it on top of the pad. Mines next to the bed so charges all night, no leads to disconnect when done.

Exactly, so much easier. Wireless charging could lead to all phones been made water resistant. Better for the consumer, but I guess worse for the insurance companies and the manufacturers as there wont be as many damaged phones around

I charge my S6 Edge wirelessly too. I'm a heavy user and need to charge frequently so definitely prevents west to the port and cable while being so much more convenient being able to just pick it up and go :)

Yes I use it all the time for my S6, have the samsung version and can't fault it, very quick and it works with the cover still on the phone.
Only time I use the socket is to transfer stuff to the laptop

I wonder whether it has a negative effect on battery life, in that you're more likely to leave it charging all day at your desk - rather than letting it drain down and then fully recharge.
But then I suppose most phones are designed to be obsolete before battery life is an issue.

I wonder whether it has a negative effect on battery life, in that you're more likely to leave it charging all day at your desk - rather than letting it drain down and then fully recharge.
But then I suppose most phones are designed to be obsolete before battery life is an issue.
I'm sure the battery / charger technology these days should mean you can't actually over charge a battery, thus damaging it (as used to be an issue).

I'm sure I've read recently that recharging in part has no effect either (ie charging from 90% to 100% ten times over is no different to charging from 0% to 100% once over).

Back