Wireless problem with a FujitsuSiemens Laptop

Edit My Images
Yes
Can any "Techies" assist, my nephew today has got a new laptop, and has brought it to my house to connect to my wireless network (until he gets a router tomorrow).

Anyhow I can see my network but it wont connect, it doenst even ask for the network key. I can see other networks and it asks for the key, so why not on my network.

Can anybody offer a solution. I have searched the WIFI forums on the net but most are very high level, and confusing.

My nephew is 13 and not the most patient, so at present I am sure many of you will sympathise, "he is doing my head in"

anybody out there?

unusual if its not asking for a key, are you using an orange livebox ? as you have to press a button on those to pair the wireless device to the router.

does it say that your router is secured on the wifi utility on the laptop ?

Sorry is very difficult to troubleshoot wireless issues when you arent in front of it !

Have you tried adding the wireless network in question rather than just allowing it to be found?

Oh, switch off your firewall for a moment.

Ian,

Not using an Orange Livebox. Looks like I will need to keep trying different settings.

I have given him access at the moment by patching him directly to my router, but this defeats the purpose of having a wireless laptop.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Veracocha- the SSID is visible as I can see my network, but not connect.

unsure crocodile - I will check.

Check the workgroup names are the same.

Back