Captive Woburn Deer Park - another Shake down image in post #10

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

A few from WDP, no Red deer today as they were out of reach, light was always changing today, some of the deer were under trees with bright mist behind.

Thank you for looking

1/400 - ISO 2000 - f6.3 - @600mm

Sika Deer a
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

1/400 - ISO 3200 - f6.3 - @600mm

Sika Deer

1/800 - ISO 6400 - f6.3 - @600m

Sika Deer 1

1/400 - ISO 1250 - f6.3 - @600mm

shake down

1/1600 - ISO 3200 - f5.6 - @600mm

May be a Sika Deer

1/400 - ISO 640 - f6.3 - @600mm

Black Squirrel

Nice set Gav. I too like the one shaking well caught :)
You were lucky with the weather, its been raining most of the day not too far from there either.

Nice set Gav. I too like the one shaking well caught :)
You were lucky with the weather, its been raining most of the day not too far from there either.
Thank you Chris:)

We were at the park for 7am and stayed about 3 hours, started to rain as we headed out of Woburn.
Time off work wouldn't be the same without rain :LOL:

Just had some very heavy rain, saves me doing the garden tonight :woot:

Last edited:
You’ve done well as Woburn isn’t easy to shoot due to having to keep to the footpaths. Unlike other places you can’t just wander off anywhere.

I like the shake off one. That’s the stand out one for me. It’s something that’s not captured often and can only be captured at this time of year. It shows the spring season moult off perfectly. You could visit for 20+ years and never capture one like that. Got to be chuffed getting that

You’ve done well as Woburn isn’t easy to shoot due to having to keep to the footpaths. Unlike other places you can’t just wander off anywhere.

I like the shake off one. That’s the stand out one for me. It’s something that’s not captured often and can only be captured at this time of year. It shows the spring season moult off perfectly. You could visit for 20+ years and never capture one like that. Got to be chuffed getting that
Thank you Rob, I think the early start helped, but it is tricky, rangers are hot on the 'off piste' walking, some big groups of deer too, so getting clear shots was a pain.
I'm please to have got it 'shaking off', never seen it before.

Thank you Rob, I think the early start helped, but it is tricky, rangers are hot on the 'off piste' walking, some big groups of deer too, so getting clear shots was a pain.
I'm please to have got it 'shaking off', never seen it before.
The ranger be a bit overzealous but the amount of people they have to ’correct’ in a day must be quite a few.

The ranger be a bit overzealous but the amount of people they have to ’correct’ in a day must be quite a few.
It must get tiresome for them, I've not had a run in with them, but have seen a few groups being advised..

And their Land rovers have a cloaking device, some years ago, I was driving, the passenger had the window cracked open to shoot over.
They were right behind me before they de-cloaked. they were not happy, nor was my passenger :D

They're all lovely picture Gav with No.1 being my favourite. I think the sharp animal against the OOF but still recognisable background works very well, it's a shame the sky wasn't blue though but even without a nice sky I'd say they're all just about perfect.

Well done and thanks for sharing :D

PS.
I think these would work well as a calming and relaxing slideshow after a busy or bad day :D

They're all lovely picture Gav with No.1 being my favourite. I think the sharp animal against the OOF but still recognisable background works very well, it's a shame the sky wasn't blue though but even without a nice sky I'd say they're all just about perfect.

Well done and thanks for sharing :D

PS.
I think these would work well as a calming and relaxing slideshow after a busy or bad day :D
Thank you Alan, nice of you to say, glad you think they could have a calming effect :)

Yep it's often not the one you would have thought. In my experience.

Gaz

Back