Wolves escape..France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about driving through Glencoe :D It is an obstacle course at night with the deer.

The fact the deer numbers keep growing though indicates there is sufficient food for them to eat and nature will equilibrate for that. Venison is also a lovely food to eat, I cannot imagine wolf is, and if we contained them in better, we could farm them. Nothing some well placed fencing wouldn't solve and a few extra game keepers couldn't handle - or even open up the area to blood sports. Our economy will need rejuvenated and deer hunting is a way to achieve that.

And other than driving carefully they really pose no risk to humans or live stock. We can co-exist with deer quite well. I have some in my garden, they are no issue at all.

Sorry to say this but you do not appear to appreciate the problem on the wilder parts of Scotland. Have you ever been to places like Ardnamurchan or Sutherland or even the more remote parts around Aviemore? It is a wild wilderness with little trace of regular human habitation and that is why they go there. Fencing them in, apart from the cost of deer fencing which has to be at least two metres high, will create or exacerbate the problem of food. There are so many of them, they only survive by being able to roam freely without boundaries in the search for food. The fact is there are proven examples of starvation leading to a slow death With a fence restricting their movements, they will soon consume what there is and this will lead to starvation.

So I present an evidence and logic based contribution to a thread

maybe you are just one of those animal lover types
lefty animal lover types.
(T)roll on
I am fully aware of it but it is delicious so yes I love it. And the independent is another lefty rag I wouldn't even wipe my bum with.
What have other animals invented - they cannot even make fire.
left leaning, woke impressionable urban politicians
shoot the odd one or two for fun or for dinner.
Sadly the woke left are coming for the former not the latter
One of my greatest achievements. Fox nil my hammer one :)
If the Gaurdianista animal lover wokists want these things here like in the US then we as a general population need armed, like they are in the US
Other than satisfy a few wokist WWF hippie types what good has bringing bears back actually brought.
Nothing other than pleasing some unwashed green peace student vegan type
And yes. I do see this world as sole domain for humans and killing of big dangerous species gives us that then let's get it done already.
What's so good about old age? Dementia and heart problems...
as you're a blinkered animal lover.
Some friends of the earth types want to undo all our good work
other than the usual huffing and puffing on here

Its been a fun evening folks
So folk are trolls because they aren't bear loving window lickers. OK.
and the virtue signalling animal loving wokists all cry like babies
Good -don't want WWF hippie type clients

You still think you're not a troll?
:LOL:

Sorry to say this but you do not appear to appreciate the problem on the wilder parts of Scotland. Have you ever been to places like Ardnamurchan or Sutherland or even the more remote parts around Aviemore? It is a wild wilderness with little trace of regular human habitation and that is why they go there. Fencing them in, apart from the cost of deer fencing which has to be at least two metres high, will create or exacerbate the problem of food. There are so many of them, they only survive by being able to roam freely without boundaries in the search for food. The fact is there are proven examples of starvation leading to a slow death With a fence restricting their movements, they will soon consume what there is and this will lead to starvation.

Yes...to answer your question. Many many times.

Introducing wolves creates more issues than it solves. Either starve the deer out, hunt them (ever used a rifle with a silencer) or fence them in in large enclosures. As I said - it isn't a huge problem to have deer in your country.

Bob, I just want to thank you for saving me a job, I was just about to do the same.

Steve, I know you've ignored my previous posts in this thread but this is a moderation post so ignore it at your peril. You've insulted just about everyone who's disagreed with you in this thread with your wokist, lefty, guardianista crap. Give it a rest.

Bob, I just want to thank you for saving me a job, I was just about to do the same.

Steve, I know you've ignored my previous posts in this thread but this is a moderation post so ignore it at your peril. You've insulted just about everyone who's disagreed with you in this thread with your wokist, lefty, guardianista crap. Give it a rest.

And are you going to call out the folk who insulted me and make snide remarks to me. Thought not.

And aside, how often have you seen little englander/gammon/right wing/dailymail tosh type comments and not called them out. Again, thought not.

Last edited:

I was just starting to make a list of the insults Steve uses towards people who don't agree with him but you've saved me the trouble! Thanks. I see you've saved Marc some time as well.

I'm sure you pride yourself on your honesty and straightforwardness, Steve; well, I've skirted around saying certain things about your photography for a very long time. I might myself be more honest next time you post something.......

I also suggest that you take a short course in ecology, Steve. It would improve your understanding of the world we live in no end.

(Edited to speak directly to SFT)

Last edited:
I was just starting to make a list of the insults Steve uses towards people who don't agree with him but you've saved me the trouble! Thanks. I see you've saved Marc some time as well.

I'm sure Steve prides himself on his honesty and straightforwardness; well, I've skirted around saying certain things about his photography for a very long time. I might myself be more honest next time he posts something.......

Go on - just let it out and say it. You are doing yourself and I no favour by holding back your thoughts on my work or indeed the rest of the forum.

There are so many of them, they only survive by being able to roam freely without boundaries in the search for food. The fact is there are proven examples of starvation leading to a slow death With a fence restricting their movements, they will soon consume what there is and this will lead to starvation.
There may be a lesson there.

640px-Don%27t_feed_the_trolls%2C_Fl%C3%B8yen.jpg

You still think you're not a troll? :LOL:

Surely he must be, I mean, can you imagine anyone genuinely thinking like he says he does in this day and age, and being so thick they don't realise that most of the habitat they take photos of is only there in its current form due to the actions of the animals (both wild and stocked) that live within it (basic ecology)?

Come on Steve, you've had your fun baiting people, and we've also had our fun taking the rip out of the 'persona' you've created in exchange, but this is getting a bit boring now. :popcorn:

Surely he must be, I mean, can you imagine anyone genuinely thinking like he says he does in this day and age, and being so thick they don't realise that most of the habitat they take photos of is only there in its current form due to the actions of the animals (both wild and stocked) that live within it (basic ecology)?

Come on Steve, you've had your fun baiting people, and we've also had our fun taking the rip out of the 'persona' you've created in exchange, but this is getting a bit boring now. :popcorn:

Hang on - thick - and I get called out on name calling @Marc ;)

Everything I said is genuine and I always have and always will be opposed to the re-introduction of wolves, bears, big cats and such like.

As you'll be aware - we can enjoy that habit safely and enjoyably directly thanks to the actions of previous generations that god rid of them. As someone posted - it's directly thanks to man that the landscape that I enjoy is there in its present form.

Can you also please explain the benefits of reintroducing these species - we've done more than well without them. Can you also please explain why we should put livestock at risk?

Last edited:
Like I said, even listening to really well-crafted comedy persona such as Count Arthur Strong becomes boring if I listen to it for too long. Sorry Steve, this thread has gone on for 4 pages now, it's just not entertaining anymore. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back