Wolves escape..France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare means it happens.

It doesn't need to as they could be hunted to extinction. What good do they bring? What benefit? Nothing other than pleasing some unwashed green peace student vegan type

By extension of what you are saying, do you genuinely see this planet as the sole domain of Homo Sapiens and the only animals that "he" will consider important are livestock for human consumption?

What is your view of the increasing loss of the Amazonian rainforest? Are you aware that many of the modern medicines that we rely on for human health and longevity originate from such rainforests!

If you are basing your position on 'the value and contribution to your lifestyle' what about the native tribes that call Amazonia home. Do they, by your view, contribute to your lifestyle.....afteral they will never be buying the consumer goods you enjoy and thus help keep the cost to you down (based on their contributing to the economy)?

Are you also aware that all too many plants are grown as monocultures. This exposes our food security and health to risk......the banana is one such monoculture and it is at risk right now due to an intractable plant disease working it's way around the world!

Last edited:
By extension of what you are saying, do you genuinely see this planet as the sole domain of Homo Sapiens and the only animals that "he" will consider important are livestock for human consumption?

What is your view of the increasing loss of the Amazonian rainforest? Are you aware that many of the modern medicines that we rely on for human health and longevity originate from such rainforests!

If you are basing your position on 'the value and contribution to your lifestyle' what about the native tribes that call Amazonia home. Do they, by your view, contribute to your lifestyle.....afteral they will never be buying the consumer goods you enjoy and thus help keep the cost to you down (based on their contributing to the economy)?

Are you also aware that all too many plants are grown as monocultures. This exposes our food security and health to risk......the banana is one such monoculture and it is at risk right now due to an intractable plant disease working it's way around the world!

I'm indifferent re the amazon forest. Far for us to tell Brazilians how to run their country. We developed ours, they want to develop theirs. Let them.

And yes. I do see this world as sole domain for humans and killing of big dangerous species gives us that then let's get it done already.

Believe me, Steve, you are not doing yourself ANY favours contributing to this thread like this. I respect what you have to say about landscape photography but you seem to have no respect at all for the other creatures that inhabit those landscapes.
Thats because I don't. I even time my shots to ensure they're not in the frame. I like the landscape but not the beasties that live there. I oppose all reintroduction of species like bears and wolves. Birds, deer, they're not dangerous but I don't have to like them but I wouldn't go out my way to harm them. I don't like dog's or horses either. I like scenery.

Last edited:
I'm indifferent re the amazon forest. Far for us to tell Brazilians how to run their country. We developed ours, they want to develop theirs. Let them.

And yes. I do see this world as sole domain for humans and killing of big dangerous species gives us that then let's get it done already.
Be sure to exterminate every last bee then so that you can then come to understand that we as humans will be flirked with a big F without them.
‘Nature has to be balanced to ensure that the planet continues to exist in harmony, man , or at least those with your type of thinking have and continue to upset that balance massively,so much so that future generations of all creatures inc humans is very uncertain.
When it comes to the belief that this planet is solely for humans , all I can say is that you are a complete idiot!

An interesting perspective!

It has taken many generations of human to reach the health and longevity we have now.

Have you ever been ill enough to need antibiotics?

Why do I ask, well all current antibiotics have as common design. However, they are slowly losing their efficacy and there are no novel antibiotics anywhere near ready for handling the microbial diseases we have now let alone any possible zoonotic diseases that exist.

There are some projections that suggest human life spans instead of continuing increase there is potential that our lifespans will start to drop back to 17th century levels.

A great future your future generations will have to look forward to :(

An interesting perspective!

It has taken many generations of human to reach the health and longevity we have now.

Have you ever been ill enough to need antibiotics?

Why do I ask, well all current antibiotics have as common design. However, they are slowly losing their efficacy and there are no novel antibiotics anywhere near ready for handling the microbial diseases we have now let alone any possible zoonotic diseases that exist.

There are some projections that suggest human life spans instead of continuing increase there is potential that our lifespans will start to drop back to 17th century levels.

What's so good about old age? Dementia and heart problems...

Don't underestimate the boffins ingenuity to come up with new treatments either. None of which matters if we overrun the world with bears and wolves. Our forebears exterminated them for a jolly good reason. We cannot coexist with them. They're an core threat to our species.

Last edited:

@STFPhotography
Do you have children / grandchildren/ nieces/ nephews?
Or have you only your own selfish self to think about ?

Not unique to old age ! ;)
Over run the place with apex predators and we won't make it out of young age.

Perhaps you can explain the benefits to me of having bears, wolves around and the actual good they'll do future generations.

The generations before mine saw fit to eradicate them (to all our benefit) so perhaps explain why you know better than the people who actually had to suffer the things, huh?

It is the selfish actions of self fulfilling animal lovers that'll undo generations of progress.

You'll also appreciate aside how foxes have swiftly adapted to urban life. Now imagine that with bears and wolves in generations to come...

Even the NRA would struggle to comprehend the number of guns required to keep people safe

Last edited:
Did I say that I know better than anyone else?..... i don’t believe I did but will stand down if proved differently.

You are choosing to miss the point about nature’s balance and how nature knows best in how to maintain that balance.

I came to realise at an early age that it is impossible to educate the uneducated so I shall leave you to educate yourself through the internet and tabloids :rolleyes:

Did I say that I know better than anyone else?..... i don’t believe I did but will stand down if proved differently.

You are choosing to miss the point about nature’s balance and how nature knows best in how to maintain that balance.

I came to realise at an early age that it is impossible to educate the uneducated so I shall leave you to educate yourself through the internet and tabloids :rolleyes:
You certainly are implying it and have nicely dodged the points I put to you. Probably because you can't and you're unwilling to see things differently as you're a blinkered animal lover. That's the vibe I'm getting.

And we are part of nature and we restored the balance by getting rid of bears and wolves to minimal levels. Some friends of the earth types want to undo all our good work in making the world safer for us by reintroducing dangerous species that we cannot coexist with (history taught us that)

Seems a pretty uninformed decision making logic. Let me tell you. The reintroduction of wolves and bears is a thoroughly wreckless and stupid idea.

Last edited:
Like you have avoided my questions to you ;)
I'm not discussing my personal life with a dude on the Web.

And again for future generations - reintroducing apex predators will not go well. It'll make them less safe. We are lucky in Scotland in that sense. No dangerous beasts. Our predecessors did us a massive favour exterminating them

Last edited:
And you're unwilling to see things differently as your a blinkered egocentric......
Maybe because I heed the warnings of history. Our forebears exterminated these things for a reason, not for fun but for necessity.

I've seen nothing worth while here or anything particularly of merit here tonight to change my mind other than the usual huffing and puffing on here

Its been a fun evening folks

Some friends of tge earth types want to undo all our good work in making the world safer for us
If you open your eyes wider, some of those people / scientists are trying to re educate the world population to understand that many methods implemented by man over the past centuries ( many of which continue) have had and continue to have a seriously negative effect on our home ( earth)

The problem is that the uneducated , the selfish and the idiots simply will not open their a eyes wide enough to see the whole picture.

If you open your eyes wider, some of those people / scientists are trying to re educate the world population to understand that many methods implemented by man over the past centuries ( many of which continue) have had and continue to have a seriously negative effect on our home ( earth)

The problem is that the uneducated , the selfish and the idiots simply will not open their a eyes wide enough to see the whole picture.
And I think events in the news prove otherwise.

Theory vs practice. There is a reason we did the things we did in the past. Our forebears are what made us what we are. They got it. Perhaps we are so far removed from nature and animals we idealise what nature is, what animals are like. I see through all of it for the horse s*** that it is. We need to keep nature in check to thrive.

Last edited:
Of course much of the landscape that he enjoys photographing has been moulded by man and in Scotland the forebears that he mentions were also responsible for the Highland Clearances, I suppose that was justified (by the forebears that @SFTPhotography so repsects) because a prime reason AFAIK for it was to graze sheep on the land!

Maybe because I heed the warnings of history. Our forebears exterminated these things for a reason, not for fun but for necessity.

I've seen nothing worth while here or anything particularly of merit here tonight to change my mind other than the usual huffing and puffing on here

Its been a fun evening folks
You sound like a real fun guy Steve.
Can't wait to bump into you up Glencoe some time.....

I'm not discussing my personal life with a dude on the Web.

And again for future generations - reintroducing apex predators will not go well. It'll make them less safe. We are lucky in Scotland in that sense. No dangerous beasts. Our predecessors did us a massive favour exterminating them
A dude?? .... . I’m not American DUDE!!
You really could do to go reside on the other side of the lake. Not only the attitude, but you even have the vocabulary !

I don’t wish to waste further time trying to help someone narrow minded to see a wider picture, so I bid you good night and hope the bed bugs don’t ..........

...EAT YOU ALIVE :runaway:

Best have your pepper spray tucked under you pillow:ROFLMAO:

2015-04-03_00008.jpg

No, it's not the fact that you don't like bears that makes you a troll, and you know that perfectly well Steve.....
So I present an evidence and logic based contribution to a thread and the virtue signalling animal loving wokists all cry like babies

Given I've been a member for nearly a decade and am one of the highest contributors to another photography related area of the forum - can you please explain why I am a troll - or is it simply because I am not a bear/wolf/animal in general enthusiast? Oh and I do not want a campervan - remember that thread when they all cried troll.

Last edited:
What I like about this thread is that anyone searching for a certain business's name might see the posts it's made that are on a public forum rather than one that's hidden from Google...

What I like about this thread is that anyone searching for a certain business's name might see the posts it's made that are on a public forum rather than one that's hidden from Google...

Good -don't want WWF hippie type clients. In fact most clients I've had if the conversation comes up agrees with me :p A lot come from the USA where they are big on gun rights and freedom of speech, not shrill virtue signalling.

Last edited:
So I present an evidence and logic based contribution to a thread and the virtue signalling animal loving wokists all cry like babies

Given I've been a member for nearly a decade and am one of the highest contributors to another photography related area of the forum - can you please explain why I a troll - or is it simply because I am not a bear/wolf/animal in general enthusiast? Oh and I do not want a campervan - remember that thread when they all cried troll.
Isn’t it funny that no one agrees with you? Considering this is is a photography forum it’s probably fair to say it represents a fairly broad cross-section of society (compared to say, comments section of the guardian or 4chan).

‘The definition of a troll is ‘someone who post intentionally provocative messages on the internet in order to get attention’. Sounds like you.

Isn’t it funny that no one agrees with you? Considering this is is a photography forum it’s probably fair to say it represents a fairly broad cross-section of society (compared to say, comments section of the guardian or 4chan).

‘The definition of a troll is ‘someone who post intentionally provocative messages on the internet in order to get attention’. Sounds like you.

Trust me - this forum is nothing like representative of the country. Look at the OOF and political views, and the brexit discussions and general anti tory party sentiment on here. It's not exactly how the overall public see things as well all know from referendums, and further general elections. I would say overall photography (and the arts in general) contain very left leaning types and this thread is proves that point. Indeed I've evidenced you (did you bother to read) that actually a lot of people who live in rural places and work there do not want bears. They've even resorted to killing the bloody things.

If you look at my first post on the thread and look how it was responded to I'd say I was trolled not the other way around.

As I've made you aware my view is not a unique thing and other than on here I've yet to encounter anything like a majority in favour of reintroducing apex predators. And I used to run workshops and by virtue of that I'd cross paths with a great many people. Most see is as a folly, a risk and vanity project of egotistical animal rights sorts - which out here in the main world are far from loved.

Last edited:

That crossed my mind, especially as he offers 121 service for tuition and that to me equals "people communication skills" which he certainly is not showing here ~ like 'nicest guy to meet......but oh what a keyboard warrior....'

So I wonder if he espouses he views expressed here to his clients or not???

That crossed my mind, especially as he offers 121 service for tuition and that to me equals "people communication skills" which he certainly is not showing here ~ like 'nicest guy to meet......but oh what a keyboard warrior....'

So I wonder if he espouses he views expressed here to his clients or not???

It comes up in conversation and it rarely goes like this on here. And a lot more people think the way I do than you think - they're too scared of the PC virtue signalling wokists to admit to it though ;) As I said this is only a popular position amongst a very vocal minority of people. Most see through it for the nonsense that it is.

And as for the keyboard warrior dig - you are the one throwing the insults here - not me. Glass houses and stones come to mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back