Women's Football from Finland

Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings from Finland once again, here are few pictures from a Women's Footie game I was in the last week.

Any comments (positive or negative) are always welcome...

tpfm4.jpg

tpfm3.jpg

tpfm1.jpg

Super action shots. The determination on the girl's face in No.3 is sooo intense, but is she running for the ball or trying to dry her nail varnish.:)

I noticed the nail varnish too! Great photos though.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I also agree that the expression on the face on the third picture is why I took it and posted it here.
Other than that it is not that 'special'.

I tried it also on portrait form, and someways it works OK as well. But I do like to have the shadow in the picture as well... which doesn't really work as a portrait crop.

Well, as our number 17 is getting so much attention. I thought to come and give you all here name as well - it is Sara Bjork Gunnarsdottir.
So, keep an eye on her if Iceland ever come to pla y in England.

The pictures were taken in friendly matches between FInland and Iceland.

Looking forward to next years Womens Euro 2009 here in Finland - should be some good photography in that event.

Also, in my view womens football (at least here in FInland) offers more great photo moments that the men's game...

Well, as our number 17 is getting so much attention. I thought to come and give you all here name as well - it is Sara Bjork Gunnarsdottir.
So, keep an eye on her if Iceland ever come to pla y in England.

I was going to say that that was an Icelandic surname! :)

Love the third one - great intensity and a good shot.

As for the first.... REFEREE!!!!!

I trhink that's a goalie making a tackle and we know what Ruud Gullitt said about goalie's footballling skills.

Yes, well, as we can see from the first photo, it may be officially called a friendly, but there was no love lost in that tackle! I concur with the rest of the guys when they say that number 3 is a great capture, the expression is great!

Back