woo a package from Lee Filters ;)

I got mine yesterday, after requesting for the designer gel swatch on Monday!

You get loads, without counting them, I'd say somewhere in the region of 300 perhaps. I got a sample of i thing pretty much all they do, from reflective surfaces to so many diff gels I can't begin to list them all. CT gels, ND gels, a whole number of colours etc etc.

Go here and fill in the form, making sure you ask for the designer swatch.

I did see a post somewher about the best way to take apart the swatch, anyone know where I can find it?

I got mine a while back and received them in just a few days. Excellent service!

what did you write to them exactly?

what did you write to them exactly?

Something along the lines of....

To Whom it may concern,

I am very interested in the gels that you manufacture.

Please could you send me a designer swatch pack and a list of UK stockists so that should I find what I I need I can start purchasing.

Kindest Regards

Rob Marsh

I mentioned the stockist list to show intent, and hey presto 2 day later I have my gel samples!

Great cheers.

No Problem, enjoy them!

I am off to hobby craft tonight for all the bits to make snoots, gobo's, grids an a holder for the samples. I'll be making them tomorrow after work, ill post shots when I have finished.

sweet look forward to seeing it :D

yah there are 300 odd, it says Lee filters Designers Edition.

Would be great if someone had a good way of attaching them.
Are there any boxes to hold them or something that would do the job?

Just got mine through the post after asking for em yesterday :D.

And i'll take option number 4 :LOL:

Just ordered mine :) I used to have 3 or 4 different gel books from when I was working in theatre, but god only knows what happened to them :LOL:

im trying to find a nice size small box to hold them all. Could always make one up but im sure that ive seen something perfect for it.... somewhere...

im trying to find a nice size small box to hold them all. Could always make one up but im sure that ive seen something perfect for it.... somewhere...

Robert Dyas do small tuppaware style boxes that would do the job I'd imagine.

O managed to use a flimsy see through thing a cup came in I got for xmas. Will do the job while I find something else.
Its just playing around now and finding which numbers are usful. :)

No Problem, enjoy them!

I am off to hobby craft tonight for all the bits to make snoots, gobo's, grids an a holder for the samples. I'll be making them tomorrow after work, ill post shots when I have finished.

Any pics and info ect.
I received mine brfore xmas and ashamed to say put them in my camera sack and forgot about them.

so looking for some tips for exampple how do I undo the clip without causing damage.

Any pics and info ect.
I received mine brfore xmas and ashamed to say put them in my camera sack and forgot about them.

so looking for some tips for exampple how do I undo the clip without causing damage.

I just cut it off with some scissors and put them in something

Any pics and info ect.

I'll run a thread when I have made them. I'm hoping to have time tomorrow but no promises.

why not spent a couple of quid on an aftermarket diffuser for your flasgun, Cut the end off and then carefully cut a slot along the top and down the sides should be easy enough

Good idea, but i think on some flashes if you add a diffuser it put the flash in to wide angled. On my SB-800 the diffuser seems to have to have twp knobs of plastic that activate something and put it to 14mm.... i suppose it could be possible to sand the bits off so it doesnt trigger it. Don't know if it is the same as all flashes though.

i received mine this morning, only applied the other day when i saw this post, now what do i use them for? lol

thats what has been running through my mind too :D

Changing the colour of your flash and also for colour correction.

I just applied, fingers crossed I get sent them.

I used my work address and stuff as I work for a web design company and I pretended I was in charge of photography here, ha!

i just need to find out why i would want to change the colour or my flash ;)

especially those last ones like the frost one or the gold grid one :|

i just need to find out why i would want to change the colour or my flash ;)

To match flash colour in tungsten or fluorescent lit rooms so you can set the right white balance and have everything matching without contrasting light colours.

Also to be creative ;)

i just put the 201 Full C.T Blue in front of my eye looking at the bulbs in my house, normal 40watt jobbies and it makes them white :)

Yup, I've just done the same. So all you need to do is put the Full C.T Orange over your flash to make it emit the same light as that bulb and then set camera white balance to tungsten.

Robert's your mother's brother (y)

requested my Lee swatch yesterday, so lets see how long it takes to arrive...
i bet Lee are wondering why they have so many 'Designer Swatch' requests of late...:LOL:

great, i can't wait to try them out... 300 should keep me going for a while...

Back